Aquarium Co-Op Unboxings

44 minutes ago, Streetwise said:

I got a shipment and made an amateur attempt at a one-handed unboxing video. The bag was really slippery on the Easy Fry Food, but I just charged ahead. Cheers

Share your next arrival!

Streetwise,

As a follow up:

I have ordered through AC, winter, spring, summer & fall.  Everything has always been received very well.  The packing is always very professional and was never disappointed in the quality of the products or shipping/handling of the items.  As a note, I remember ordering plants last winter and the temperature, on delivery day, was frigid.  I thought, "I hope the plants made it through the rough weather."  They did.  The package had a warm heat pack inside and the plants looked great.  🙂

• Like 2

Yup. I haven't had problems with any of my orders. I put the plants in my utility tanks for now, and they all look good. I haven't setup the filters yet.

I was thinking about the white porous plant packaging. Does it have any second-hand uses, like a filter sock or a water polisher, or some household use? I thought I would ask before binning it.

Edited by Streetwise
Details

• Administrators

I like this thread as I get to see how things arrive and know where we can tweak things at the warehouse. We strive for perfection, while impossible to achieve, I want to make sure our processes don’t become outdated as tech changes. 

19 hours ago, Streetwise said:

Yup. I haven't had problems with any of my orders. I put the plants in my utility tanks for now, and they all look good. I haven't setup the filters yet.

I was thinking about the white porous plant packaging. Does it have any second-hand uses, like a filter sock or a water polisher, or some household use? I thought I would ask before binning it.

Great idea!  I'd love a second hand use...is it able to hold Purigen?  

I usually get great packages from the Coop, but today's showed up in a box smaller than I've ever received before. I had a dozen plants, 4 sponge filters and a big bag of root tabs stuffed into it with no room for anything like padding.  Most of the plants were smashed and folded over, tons of broken stems. I hope there's a new guy or something in the packaging department. 

(Hand in picture for size reference and to block my address)

15969205839853129649468605916690.jpg

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Edward Steven said:

I usually get great packages from the Coop, but today's showed up in a box smaller than I've ever received before. I had a dozen plants, 4 sponge filters and a big bag of root tabs stuffed into it with no room for anything like padding.  Most of the plants were smashed and folded over, tons of broken stems. I hope there's a new guy or something in the packaging department. 

Please reach out to customer service, we'll replace the plants and an investigation will go into how/why it was packed through video. Every package is video taped. I'm sorry you had this experience and we'll be sure to work towards it not happening again. 

**Edit** Also couldn't find your user name here as a customer in our database, so that's why you'll need to reach out to us. Unfortunately I can't find the order to start the process on our end. 

22 minutes ago, Edward Steven said:

Please email me shipping@aquariumcoop.com, we would be more than happy to make this right for you ~

1 hour ago, Candi said:

Please email me shipping@aquariumcoop.com, we would be more than happy to make this right for you ~

No worries, like I said, I usually have gotten very well packed boxes and happy plants. I have them in a tank now, I think just the bottom 4 of the box got squished, I will see how they look tomorrow and let you know. 😃

1 hour ago, Cory said:

Please reach out to customer service, we'll replace the plants and an investigation will go into how/why it was packed through video. Every package is video taped. I'm sorry you had this experience and we'll be sure to work towards it not happening again. 

**Edit** Also couldn't find your user name here as a customer in our database, so that's why you'll need to reach out to us. Unfortunately I can't find the order to start the process on our end. 

I either go by first and middle name online or first and last initial since no one I've ever met can pronounce my last name by reading it. Can try if you like... it's Wymbs. So probably under my whole name (Edward Steven Wymbs, I really buy stuff. I promise). 

And no worries sir, I will let Candi know if the crunchy ones don't bounce back. I know you guys stand behind your name/brand. 

Edited by Edward Steven

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2020 at 12:11 PM, MattyIce said:

Recorded some unboxing footage a few months back, never did anything with it.  This thread got me thinking about it again, so I made an attempt to edit it together and add a voice over:

I like the big Rubbermaid Brute trash can aging water in the background. I think I can even see an airstone going in there.

You guys do your unboxings in a more organized fashion than I do! I got the plants for the Dirted Tank project yesterday.

Unboxing.jpg.f4bb542d5826b9b6af5061ad033cee12.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Daniel there is a lot going on in that photo. What did you do to your chair! 😛

How is the BD substrate looking? I just bought two bags yesterday after seeing other posts about it. I heard good and bad about it but i'm eager to try it out myself. 

Are you a HAM by any chance?

@Kiddsgames My cats really like to chew on the armrests on the chairs.

I should have a post on the BD substrate and the 2 other tanks sometime today over in the Dirted Tank thread. I have never used blasting sand before so I don't know what to expect. So far it looks pretty. I didn't rinse it but the clarity is good, or as good as the other 2 tanks.

I am not a HAM, but I need a microphone to do the voice overs for my fish videos.

8 hours ago, Daniel said:

I like the big Rubbermaid Brute trash can aging water in the background. I think I can even see an airstone going in there.

You guys do your unboxings in a more organized fashion than I do! I got the plants for the Dirted Tank project yesterday.

Actually it’s a 37 gallon tuff stuff that I was using as a hospital tank at the time, had it up on cement blocks for easier water changes with a sponge filter in it.  Eventually it became my first attempt at a dirtied tank.

my water system is a bit complicated,

I have a 17 ish foot deep well with around 100 tds almost entirely accounted for as KH and GH

75036AAF-50A3-4ADE-A188-EB4459CB6040.jpeg.09cb3a2719d5cf48d94d6499c7aae657.jpeg

1500 gallon Rain water Cistern with around 25 tds mostly accounted for in hardness (only collects from third floor, I believe the gutters are copper lined, but they are very old gutters, and any copper that is picked up does not cause any issues for plants snails or shrimp):

5C75AEFE-F5F4-43F7-B2C0-12AF2A09C888.jpeg.39dd26626694f4ea82c8cbcce931f04b.jpeg

I use a little giant pump that I can switch between the two pretty easily depending on what water I need or how low I am running on one or the other.

I was able to get the hose into my room next to the ac, have it running along the ceiling to a 55 gallon drum with a 300 watt heater:

4D0615C4-39B5-44E7-8A8E-AA6134E586D9.jpeg.09b67381e1372ff3a46816081e1a618a.jpeg

in the drum I have a 600 GPH pump plumbed to a 20 foot length of python that reaches all my tanks.

everything is on smart plugs, specifically smart plugs that are normally closed so I don’t flood when the power comes back on after an outage, so I can remotely turn them on with my phone or Alexa.

Maybe a little organized in that I set up a tripod/camera and cleared a space for recording the unboxing but most of it was things I thought of on the spot, like actually showing the plants,  the platforms for the plants, or removing the flaps on the box.  Thank you though.

Edited by MattyIce
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 10/31/2020 at 3:50 AM, Daniel said:

Lol this single picture captures like every video I do. The aftermath is always a ton and I'm so tired from filming all day that I can't be bothered to clean it up for at least a day or two lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Always impressed with the speed of shipping for the co-op! Ordered Monday, and recieved Thursday. From Washington to Florida, that's good time! By comparison, I placed an order that's  coming from Michigan that is supposed to be USPS express and.... well they think it'll be here Saturday (tomorrow). But tracking says it still hasn't  left Michigan... so I'm doubtful. Cory do you bribe USPS with Reeses to get them to be so fast?

My order came in two boxes, the moss bridges and stickers in one smaller package with lots of padding, which was great, as it ensured the bridges arrived unbroken. 

IMG_20201113_211630_017.jpg.4a54089ddee46369881dc6d7c6c1deb8.jpg

20201112_163604.jpg.1e89ce30e741dcdfbf12b49401245f4e.jpgThe moss bridges arrived in nicely sealed ziploc bags wrapped in damp paper towels, resulting in the moss still being wet and green and happy. They went right into two of my tanks, where the inhabitants quickly took to them. They're a big hit!

20201112_164152.jpg.fc2d5e0670f671cc0b9443c116e06bf8.jpg

20201112_170356.jpg.18d6814571b699139ff24e150701e140.jpg20201112_170348.jpg.4cc493d875ef51dfd3e94dc926a819ef.jpg

The larger box contained a myriad of other supplies, including new foods for me to try with my fish. We'll  see what they do and don't  like. All of it arrived nicely packed and secured. Nothing crushed or damaged.

20201112_163058.jpg.a55c9e9925c13c714c2e50c71b8c0a1b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Unboxed today - backup nano air pumps, airline and air stones, filter material (WOW - its gigantic!), some bacteria starter for the 20L, wonder shells, sponge filter and intake sponge for 20L, and misc other supplies. Oh and the Stingray sticker!! 

20201127_174222.jpg.6b23efa7f668be2ee8e2207633c769a9.jpg

• Like 4