Is my Apistogramma Agassizii a sneaker male?

KyleKVK

I’m trying to breed these guys but she isn’t having any of it from him. She doesn’t seem to like him at all. The picture is of the female with a male for comparison. 

Any breeding tips beyond changing temperature? My heater can’t do that. They have 2 caves and lots of hiding spots. 

Edit: Realizing I should have posted this in the breeding section!

9FAA7FDC-1109-47A7-BB08-21007523890A.jpeg

13C4274E-2D1E-4460-BAE6-7D02CCDC3564.jpeg

Edited by KyleKVK

@KyleKVK it looks like you have a male & female. The top picture is the female look at the tail it's rounded while the males' is spade shaped. Apistos in general like warm water 82-84F and if your heater can't be adjusted you're probably not going to see much in the way of breeding activities. The Cardinals will live very happily in those temps.

Just now, Paul said:

@KyleKVK it looks like you have a male & female. The top picture is the female look at the tail it's rounded while the males' is spade shaped. Apistos in general like warm water 82-84F and if your heater can't be adjusted you're probably not going to see much in the way of breeding activities. The Cardinals will live very happily in those temps.

Thanks! Can you recommend a 100w heater that’s adjustable? 

BTW, is your profile photo a Cane Corso? Those are beautiful dogs 🙂

25 minutes ago, KyleKVK said:

Ehiem Jager or Fluval m-series. There are others, but I have had several of those and only one Eheim that died (the rest still work. The Eheim had condensation inside, so I thought it was time to replace it...)

10 hours ago, KyleKVK said:

@KyleKVKI use Eheim Jager & Aquatop heaters in my tanks. I would also invest in a controller like Inkbird. Yes that is my Cane Corso in my profile. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrostiesFishes said:

Honestly think it’s a female but I don’t think she’s old enough, she should be a deep orangeish yellow. More so when she is close to spawning. 

Omg that would make so much more sense if she was a juvenile. I have no idea how old either of them are.

I’ve heard they only turn yellow when they’re ready to spawn but I didn’t consider she may be too young. 

Does the yellow color signify ability to spawn or willingness to spawn?