Kind of an impulse buy...

FrozenFins

Well, I went to the fish store and bought a fish I had only heard of but never really thought of keeping it! I went to the fish store to get corydoras and came out with upsidedown catfish. They annoy my angelfish a bit, but hopefully this will change overtime. These guys are super fat, and eat EVERYTHING! Does anyone have any experiance owning the upsidedown catfish? I don't usaully impulse buy, but... the guy at my fish store seemed very knowledgeable and I know their policy is "fish first". So far I have loved seeing these guys swim, and scare me because I think their dead. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 hour ago, H.K.Luterman said:

I had some for a while. They like to be in big groups, and if you have caves or driftwood in your tank, they will spend all their time sitting upside down inside/under it. Cute little boogers.

they haven't been eating, at the LFS they said that eat EVERYTHING, wondering if i should just give it time, or feed them something else. I have sinking pellets and they wont come out for that.

3 minutes ago, James Black said:

they haven't been eating, at the LFS they said that eat EVERYTHING, wondering if i should just give it time, or feed them something else. I have sinking pellets and they wont come out for that.

They're really shy when they're small. Be sure to give them somewhere to hide, and try feeding with the lights off. Might take a few days for them to settle in. 

• Like 1