Membership at no cost with Google Rewards

Tim Hopkins

I've been an aquarium co-op member for over a year at no cost to me.  I spoke with Cory and told him what I was doing at AquaShella 2019, but of course there are some hurtles to over come announcing it publicly on the channel, but we're among friends here.  Sure, all of us are members already, but you have friends don't you, or just save yourself some cash and spend it on the co-op website.

Hit your app store, look for Google Rewards app, and start filling out surveys.  Start your membership on YouTube and use your Google Pay as the payment.  I typically get around $5/month in surveys and at the beginning of the month Cory dips his flake-caked hands into my Google Pay account and takes out five bucks.

I hope you all find this useful.  Mods can pin it to win it if it's a great idea and want to keep this in the forefront of new forum members.

Screenshot_20200802-152642.png

Screenshot_20200802-152545.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaveSamsell said:

@Tim Hopkins, on average, how much time is required for each survey?

The longest I've ever had is a 10 question which only gets sent once every 3 to 6 months, but usually nets a $1. Most surveys take about 30 seconds and are composed of 3 to 5 questions.  Basically you're getting a small cut of what Google charges other businesses to post ads.

Yep Duke.  There are some slow periods for sure.  The more you travel to those that advertise with Google the more you'll get surveys.  My son is signed up, but no data plan on his phone so he never gets any.  My wife on the other hand gets more than I do.  Still, if you get anything it's more that you don't have to spend.

You also get far less surveys if you are on an iPhone. I use android and receive enough surveys to pay for my Pandora premium every month and make several purchases in the play store(although I probably will stop buying ebooks and songs so I can use it for my chanel membership instead). My wife on the other hand makes a couple bucks a month on the iphone, but apple gets the option to pay out to your PayPal account since they don't have access to the play store. 

6 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

You also get far less surveys if you are on an iPhone. I use android and receive enough surveys to pay for my Pandora premium every month and make several purchases in the play store(although I probably will stop buying ebooks and songs so I can use it for my chanel membership instead). My wife on the other hand makes a couple bucks a month on the iphone, but apple gets the option to pay out to your PayPal account since they don't have access to the play store. 

Well, you got DarkSky so now we're even. 😁  iPhone bought the best weather app in the world and took it away from Android users.  Nice to know your experience. I always wondered how it worked on Apple products.  I left that ecosystem long ago when my company stipend out phone service instead of providing everything.  Pixel phones for me forever!

Hi @beaka

I think the thing here is that they are earning the $5/month membership fee by filling out Google Rewards App surveys.

That is not actually "no cost" as it does take some time, and you would ordinarily be earning the $5/month from the surveys. I personally would just rather pay the $5, but at another less-busy, more cash-strapped time in my life I would have enjoyed this idea.

If you want to learn more about the Google Rewards App, Google Pay, or filling out online surveys, maybe someone here can help you with that if you let us know what you are interested in.

I was pointing out that it's possible.  I haven't paid anything for being a member of Cory's YouTube channel for 1 year 4 months.  I had been taking surveys through Google Rewards long before I ran across Cory and see what he's doing for the hobby.  It was worthy of support, so I chipped in.  It's the least I could do since the money eventually expiries and I don't buy that many things on the Play Store in the first place.

@beaka

Here's a few links to look into it.

00xqlmckOVyQn39qRTyhvQviG0COE5KTGTEE3v00
PLAY.GOOGLE.COM

Answer quick surveys and earn Google Play credit with Google Opinion Rewards, an app created by the Google Surveys team. Getting started is easy. Download the app and answer basic questions about yourself. We'll...
i2Fre-Rkia4zDf9XEZTeXeLDkH_XDQPAKa5Y7FwV
PAY.GOOGLE.COM

Google Pay is the fast, simple way to pay contactless or online. Plus, you can send money, store tickets, get rewards, and more.
gettyimages-502130278a.jpg?w=710
TECHCRUNCH.COM

YouTube creators are gaining a number of new tools to generate revenue from their videos outside of traditional advertising, as well as those that will help them better engage their fans, according to news the video streaming...