Yellow nano community fish?

Knew tooth is

I'm looking for yellow fish that are community oriented and appropriate for a 10 g tank. Photos of, and the names, lemon tetra and long fin golden zebra danio would appear to fit the requirements, but reality does not meet these descriptors, with the depth of yellow in these fish actually quite pale. This experience has raised my skepticism of the relationship of photos, possibly shot under special conditions (and digitally "perfected"?), to day-to-day observation, as well as how accurate the names truly reflect the coloring of the fish. Any suggestions? 

Fonske and Henry- thanks for the responses. Yes, these fish would work. I hesitate at the purchase of fish that are patented (GloFish). But, the guppies and tiger endlers are very attractive and, moreover, clearly yellow. Could you tell me of a reliable, on-line supplier(s) who might stock these fish?  Thanks much.  

Thank you Larrimore. I looked up pseudomugil and it looks like these are Rainbow fish (?). Pictures show them to be vibrant in their coloring. Because of the relatively small tank size, 10 gallon, the rainbow would need to be of the dwarf variety. My search for yellow dwarf rainbow begins. Am I correctly identifying this fish?  

2 hours ago, Knew tooth is said:

Thank you Larrimore. I looked up pseudomugil and it looks like these are Rainbow fish (?). Pictures show them to be vibrant in their coloring. Because of the relatively small tank size, 10 gallon, the rainbow would need to be of the dwarf variety. My search for yellow dwarf rainbow begins. Am I correctly identifying this fish?  

The Yellow Dwarf rainbow fish is a different one. Pseudomogil Gertrudae is known as the Spotted blue eye Rainbowfish. And is a great little nano fish that’s very active and also easy to breed if you want to try that later down the line.

E96770E9-EFE5-4632-ACC7-C3682F358574.jpeg

• Like 3

Dear Liquidreel, James, kammoroon, and Streetwise and, previously, Fonske, HenryC, and Jollypop4231: I am overwhelmed by all of the thoughtful and helpful comments from this Forum community. Frankly, and as a newbie, I never knew there was so many options, but I should have imagined this to be the case. I haven't looked at the shrimp possibility, yet. But, the addition of shrimp would be a unique addition and, as Street wise points out, presents a tank of a certain style. I also look forward to the possible posting of a video on yellow fish options by Irene. To clarify, the absolutely stunning fish with two, yellow-bodied and black-speckled body + fins, which looks as posted by Liguidreel- could you please tell me the name of this fish? Liquidreel (and others), is this a dwarf yellow rainbow? Thanks again. 

• Like 1

The picture above is Gertrude’s Spotted Blue Eye Rainbowfish, Pseudomugil gertrudae.

One thing about rainbow fish is that there are a lot of different kinds! Just ask @Bob!  There are several others that have a yellow coloration, including the Yellow Rainbow Fish, Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi.

image.png.a871e7e25bd0f2549d700e2234b62739.png

and

image.png.1e70e3064879cb435e558b7e7390387b.png

Pseudomugil furcatus, the Forktail Rainbow fish.

I bet there are others too.

And as far as reliability of Endler photos, I just took this photo. It is straight off of my iPhone.

IMG_3554.JPG.7e075a81b04dd6e02710f8e17deb10a7.JPG

• Like 2

Maggie- Happy Camper, thanks for the picture of one of your babies, the yellow shrimp. I can see why you refer to it so endearingly. And, Daniel, what remarkable fish! Thanks for the photos. The photo of the endler that you took on straight off your iPhone (thanks for the bother)- impressive. This fish looks the tiger endler that HenryC mentioned and posted, correct?  

• Like 1

Basically all the Pseudomugil spp. are "dwarf rainbow fish" and the two smallest are Pseudomugil gertrudae, and Pseudomugil luminatus. The coloration can vary by individual, some are deep yellow and others can be almost silvery gold. They also color up more deeply when breeding, so worth having a male and a few females to get the best color. 

• Like 1

Wow. More suggestions. Everyone's fish are truly amazing and have their own attractiveness. Jeff- the Kubotai rasboras would be an attractive choice. And MickS77, the Yellow belly metalicus represent another, Brandy, thanks for the explanation, The classifications are difficult for the naïve to sort. I'll see what is available on Aqua Buy (thanks again for this reference, Jollypop4321).

10 hours ago, Knew tooth is said:

Maggie- Happy Camper, thanks for the picture of one of your babies, the yellow shrimp. I can see why you refer to it so endearingly. And, Daniel, what remarkable fish! Thanks for the photos. The photo of the endler that you took on straight off your iPhone (thanks for the bother)- impressive. This fish looks the tiger endler that HenryC mentioned and posted, correct?  

Hi Knew, the baby shrimp above is one of two that survived this clutch of eggs from mama. I didn't see either of them until just a few days ago because they hide so well in the moss! It's amazing that any survived with 11 little danios in there! 

20201101_082859.jpg

• Like 1