Can any of these fish eat minnows <fishing minnows> Flowerhorn, Koi and large goldfish?

eyeonforever

Flowerhorns would defentley eat the shinners. I don't know about the koi or goldfish, but I would imagine they wouldn't.

As for the flowerhorn many people feed their fish feeder fish such as shinners. The problem I have with this is if the shinners have a parasite then it could spread to the flowerhorn. Many people have successfully done this though, and I haven't ever heard a story of this happening. But I guess its like quarantining new fish, they probably don't have a disease but its better safe then sorry. 

No it could not be a exclusive diet, thats like eating only salad for the rest of your life or only fruit, where are your carbs and main source of protein? And you would probably get bored of it after a while. You could get a pellet or flake food for your flowerhorn along with your koi/ goldfish. You don't necessarily need to get a high quality food either. It could be something as cheep as Tetra food, which is like 10 bucks for a good size container.

Edited by James Black

I love koi and goldfish and koi might chow on a couple shiners but probly won't. Goldfish on the other hand wont activly eat the shiners but they like to mouth them and if they are large enouph might get the shiners stuck in there throat

2 hours ago, James Black said:

Flowerhorns would defentley eat the shinners. I don't know about the koi or goldfish, but I would imagine they wouldn't.

As for the flowerhorn many people feed their fish feeder fish such as shinners. The problem I have with this is if the shinners have a parasite then it could spread to the flowerhorn. Many people have successfully done this though, and I haven't ever heard a story of this happening. But I guess its like quarantining new fish, they probably don't have a disease but its better safe then sorry. 

No it could not be a exclusive diet, thats like eating only salad for the rest of your life or only fruit, where are your carbs and main source of protein? And you would probably get bored of it after a while. You could get a pellet or flake food for your flowerhorn along with your koi/ goldfish. You don't necessarily need to get a high quality food either. It could be something as cheep as Tetra food, which is like 10 bucks for a good size container.

i

I recently struggled with this issue myself.  I had an accidental and unwanted batch of guppy fry.   I didn’t want to keep them and I thought about turning them into fish food.  Almost did it too.  But then I was concerned about health issues that might arise and I chickened out.  
I know that micheal (from Micheals fish room ). Feeds baby guppy’s to his fish sometimes so I know it can be done.  
I have watched hundreds of breeder videos and read a lot online and one thing that breeders commonly say is to feed your fish a variety of foods.  I have adopted this for my small fish room and I’m glad did.