I have a 75 gallon tank with an undergravel filter and a hang on back in use.  I'd like to leave both of those in place an running.

Right now, I have artificial plants, but I would love to put some real plants in the tank.  This is nearly impossible with the undergravel filter, but as I said, I don't want to remove the undergravel filter.

Can I use the Easy Planter that Aquarium-CoOp sells to hack the plants so that I can have both plants and the undergravel filter in the same tank?

4 hours ago, wolfman_9234 said:

I have a 75 gallon tank with an undergravel filter and a hang on back in use.  I'd like to leave both of those in place an running.

Right now, I have artificial plants, but I would love to put some real plants in the tank.  This is nearly impossible with the undergravel filter, but as I said, I don't want to remove the undergravel filter.

Can I use the Easy Planter that Aquarium-CoOp sells to hack the plants so that I can have both plants and the undergravel filter in the same tank?

The short answer is yes!  Cory has a grate video on the topic.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj_xd2gSVwE  

I have a 29 gallon setup like yours that is planted, and a 75 gallon that will be.  The UGF  does not seem to present any problems growing plants.  I can see some interesting hardscape possibilities using the easy planters.

• Like 1