How many tanks do you have?

FishyJames

@braids I wasn't that lucky.  The chrome is in pretty decent shape, I may have a missing center brace on top.

The glass is intact, which is more than I can say for the bottom seal.  The tank(s) had been reptile tanks judging by the stench and whatever bedding was still stuck to the inside corners..  Someone had already smeared some kind of sealant on the outside of the slate.

If I can dismantle the bottom, cleaning and resealing should not be a major problem.  If that happens, I may get into hydroponics or just make a happy place for the orchids.

It would be interesting to know how and when someone figured out that a piece of glass was as good or better than slate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, braids said:

Have you water tested the slate bottom yet? I picked one up at a garage sale this year - but not a 55! What is the trim like? My tar like seal is in amazing condition and it had a bunch of rain water in the bottom. so I'm confident it will hold water at least in the lower part lol! haven't fully tested it yet. I might do a shrimp tank. not sure yet.

A little trick I learned with my old metaframe tank is for minor leaks, the easiest way to reset the seal is to warm the tank up a bit so you don't thermal shock the glass, then fill it completely full of nearly boiling water, It softens the sealant and the water pressure pushes the glass/slate into place. Though I have only ever done this with a ten gallon.

• Like 4

I have 8 set up now with a little 5 gallon on it's way right now.

1x55

2x45

1x29

2x20

1x10

2x5 * including the one on the way

I had plans to get a couple more larger tanks, but my wife said to hold off because it was so close to Christmas. I have room for a 5 foot tank or a 5 foot stand with a couple of levels of 4 foot tanks, so if I don't get anything for Christmas, I'll be getting some new tanks after the first of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 Tanks

40gal Breeder slowly becoming a planted community tank. It takes forever when you add fish slowly and quarantine.

20gal Long Waiting on USPS from the COOP for the last couple things. Then hardscape and plants.

10 Quarantine tank, albeit with substrate, plants, and decorations. When I don't need a quarantine full time it will be a shrimp and snail home and I'll buy something else for quarantine and try to leave it plain...well that's the agreement...no I don't believe it either.

• Like 2

1) 180 gallon aquarium with 30 gallon sump with a colony of 8 adult Cyphotilpia Frontosa Kitumba.

2) 125 gallon aquarium with Cyprichromis Blue Orchid, Xenotilapia ochagengy Mzuri, lamprologus specious, and Syndontis Petricola. (Large Marina breeder box with 11 blue Orchid fry)

3) 75 gallon aquarium with two breeding pairs of lamprologus specious.

4) 40 gallon aquarium planted tank (anubias and java fern) with Neolamprologus buecheri kesche with fry.

Attached are pictures of the Frontosa tank.

20201203_163359.jpg

20201203_163102.jpg

Edited by xufan02
  • Like 3

I guess I'm the anamoly. One, and only one. No interest in having more. I don't understand how y'all have time for multiple tanks....one is enough work as it is...while still being able to sit down, watch it for a while and enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong...I love watching videos of fish rooms. But, man....don't know how you do it.....lol.

My fish room is my QT, and extra supplies. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Daniel said:

2 - 10 gallon

5 - 40 gallon

2 - 53 gallon

2 - 75 gallon

1 - 500 gallon

6 - empties

This varies quite a bit, on July 1 of this year the only tank I had was the biggest one. Hanging out on this forum caused an explosion of new aquariums.

I have to ask.   What kind of fish does one place in a 500 gallon tank?

34 minutes ago, Jollypop4321 said:

I have to ask.   What kind of fish does one place in a 500 gallon tank?

Currently I have Discus that are about 6 months old and just beginning to lay eggs. My goal is to have multiple pairs herding babies around at the same time.

20200911_5617.JPG.a6ae0aa6219868b570f2acbafea5467b.JPG

Previously it was a breeding colony of Leopoldi angelfish, sometimes there were 3 pairs breeding simultaneously.

Angelfish and dwarf cichlids and Corydoras 2010 until 2020

And before that it was Discus. It seems like it is always angelfish or Discus with me and because the tank has room I can always keep a school of discus or angelfish which is what they both prefer

874855547_October6013.jpg.dac449388833b6f10deec275983c419c.jpg

Discus from 2007 until 2010

• Like 6

Yes sir I also have MTS. 

1 - 5 gallon holding a platinum beta

1 - 20 gal live planted with a dwarf blue gourami 

1 - 55 gal fresh water with a mix of fish included a common pleco that is about 14 inches

and I am starting up a 65 gallon saltwater ATM.

• Like 1

1 - 10 Gal - betta, khuli loaches, endlers

1 - 10 Gal - White lame medaka rice fish and white clouds

1 - 10 Gal - Pea puffer

1 - 20 Gal - red wag platy, otos, flagfish, amano shrimp

1 - 100 Gal outdoor tub - white clouds and bladder snails.

• Like 1

• 65 gallons, with a single koi angelfish, a pair of super red bristle nose plecos, and schools of Lake Kutubu rainbowfish, black neon tetras, lemon tetras, and panda corys.
  • 40 gallon breeder, with 8 pearl gouramis, a single fat little bent-spine female betta, and schools of corydorus trillineatus, serpae tetras, and pristella tetras.
  • 20 gallon long, with sparkling gouramis, pygmy corys, kubotai rasboras, dwarf emerald rasboras, and celestial pearl danios.
  • 10 gallon with my red neocaridina colony, and a few mystery fry that apparently came from the 20 gallon as eggs on some guppy grass.
  • 5.5 gallon with my blue neocaridina colony.
  • 5.5 gallon with cull neocaridinas.  When I find some panda corys to fill out the school in the 65 it will be the quarantine tank, and after that I'm seriously considering a pea puffer.
  • Like 1