Catfish

Colu

• 4 months later...

@Colu I just discovered this post, and it's a great idea! I've always wondered how an all catfish community tank would work. I personally would do maybe 20 or more pygmy cories to live in the "understory" if you will, and another school of cories (maybe pandas, albinos, paleatus, etc.) to occupy the bottom. 10 or so otocinclus, and then a group of honeycomb catfish (I think they're a type of wood cat) to top it all off (they feed at the surface, so they could serve as top dwellers when you feed the tank!). The ghost catfish might work too, though they can be pretty shy if the tank is too bright I think.

Edited by CorydorasEthan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, existentialmisery said:

4 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

@Colu I just discovered this post, and it's a great idea! I've always wondered how an all catfish community tank would work. I personally would do maybe 20 or more pygmy cories to live in the "understory" if you will, and another school of cories (maybe pandas, albinos, paleatus, etc.) to occupy the bottom. 10 or so otocinclus, and then a group of honeycomb catfish (I think they're a type of wood cat) to top it all off (they feed at the surface, so they could serve as top dwellers when you feed the tank!). The ghost catfish might work too, though they can be pretty shy if the tank is too bright I think.

Glass Catfish or African Debauwi  are great mid level shoaling catfish

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CorydorasEthan said:

Oh sorry I thought you meant the ghost catfish. Yeah I've heard the glass catfish are great midwater schooling fish!

I think ghost catfish is just another name for glass catfish I like the whey colour from the lights shows thought they body

Screenshot_20210428-014209~2.png

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1
  • Love 1