I'm converting my tank to a high tech planted. I bought a Fluval 3.0 and CO² system. I didn't want to switch my substrate, so I purchased many Easy Green root tabs for my sand. I also purchased plants that can do well in sand. My question, will the recommended tab replacement time frame still apply, or will I need to replace them sooner? Also, will I need to invest in other fertilizers? I use all Easy Green products and supplement with Seachem Flourish. I don't have Easy Iron though, should I grab it?

Thank you.

Edited by Mmiller2001

get easy iron if you plan on putting plants in the tank that have red on them like the scarlet temple. Easy Green will be fine and the substrate won't confilict with the  reccemonded time for your root tabs. I beleive Cory has said in previous live streams that planted tank substrate is almost pointless and can normal aquarium sand can be substituded for that.

Just now, James Black said:

get easy iron if you plan on putting plants in the tank that have red on them like the scarlet temple. Easy Green will be fine and the substrate won't confilict with the  reccemonded time for your root tabs. I beleive Cory has said in previous live streams that planted tank substrate is almost pointless and can normal aquarium sand can be substituded for that.

Thank you.

• Like 1