African Dwarf frog has new symptoms

animbella2

Hi, late last month I had put out a plea for help about my African Dwarf frog that seemed to be missing both his arms. He is still alive and has gained a little weight back after a very close call with death. One of his hands has kinda started to grow these little finger things and webbing has started to grow so I dont know if there was some of the fingers left and they kinda where just hidden or what. However his right arm still ends with a stub, this isnt too concerning until a couple of days ago. I noticed that his arm was kinda swollen, not too bad just a little and I thought that it was normal since he lost a hand and all but I also thought back to the past couple of weeks and noticed that he had been shedding once a week about, so this is about the third time (that I noticed) that he has shed. I know young ADF shed alot when they are younger, however Dean(my frog) is almost 5 years so he isnt growing as much. Could this be because he is growing out his hand or is it something else. I dont think ADF can regrow limbs from what research I have done, but the water levels are all normal for the tank and the other ADF is fine. However about a week ago we did lose a guppy but he was about 1.5 years old. I checked him and he didnt seem to have anything outwardly wrong with him so I ruled it off as old age. Another fish, also a guppy, had all of her under mouth bleeding, or at least it was raw. This was before the guppy(undine) died. Star(the other guppie) has since recovered and is doing alot better and at no time was she not eating. Her behavior was normal and she was just as active. The tank mates do have some signs of aggression as well so I ruled it off as a bite. Could this be an infection or bacteria that has gone along to all the fish/frogs and I just haven't noticed it or is it simply a coincidence? any help or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

If they are all in the same tank, I'd have to pin it on aggression. Is there a specific guppy or other fish that is causing a stir-up? To have a bloody guppy and limb missing ADF I think something else either wanted to fight or to eat. What other fish do you have in your aquarium? Do you have some kind of crustacean with claws? Another possibility is your filter. Is it something like a canister or power filter with a grate as an intake? I have 3 bettas and one of them had too strong of a filter and had to be rehomed into a different tank. His fins were shredded and looked depressed. I've seen other fish keepers that had their own ADF's get killed due to strong filters. If you don't have a sponge filter I'd try to reduce the intake strength or get a sponge filter sponge to go over it. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope this helps!