The differnce between this forum and others

FrozenFins

I have been looking on other forums (for sw questions, never kept a sw aquarium but looking into getting one). And I came across other threads, where the guy asking the question was getting absolutley wrecked for asking a question. I forget what the question was but one of the answers were...

Get off of your lazy *** and do water change! quit arguing with people and do what we say!

That really stuck with me. And relized how great this co-op forum is. The name says it all (C.A.R.E.). These other forums are full of the "fish police". You could tell that the person asking the question was somewhat new to the hobby. But everyone was acting like he wanted to kill his fish. poor guy.

At the co-op forum I can ask questions, and not fear judgement or bullying because I kept a betta fish in a bowl and I'm trying to fix mistake (not sayin i do keep fish in bowls).

Community Aquarists Respecting Eachother, says everything. We respect each other help out each others fish and aquariums.

Heres an example:

I mistakenly mis diagnosed something on the forum. And instead of being obliterated, I was told nicely about how I misdiagnosed it, and what the real cause was. The best part was that he didn't do it publicy but private messaged me.

This forum and its community is truly the best!

Edited by James Black
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Cant agree more. Other forums are only there to tell you what your doibg wrong. My first tank was 2.5 gallon with 3 guppies, 1 nerite snail, and two shrimp. The only thibg other forums tild me is... "What is wrobg with you. Dont you know that you cant put all those animals in 2.5 gallons omg. Do you even water change." It was bad

• Like 1

I know of one (don't know if it's acceptable to link to it here) that's generally pretty supportive of newcomers, and not judgmental about different methods and practices.  There are always going to be some who like to criticize instead of helping, but they generally don't last long.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, James Black said:

I mistakenly mis diagnosed something on the forum. And instead of being obliterated, I was told nicely about how I misdiagnosed it, and what the real cause was. The best part was that he didn't do it publicy but private messaged me.

It’s super reassuring to me that if I make a mistake, someone will let me know. I’m way more likely to try to help someone knowing that if I steer them wrong, more experienced fish owners will kindly step in so that the person we’re trying to help ends up with the best advice in the end.

This place is great! Thank you to all the mods and members who set the tone here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1