Bottom feeders....what do you have?

FishyJames

I have six otocinclus catfish in my 45-gal. Waiting for space in the quarantine tank to open up for corydoras catfish for both 20L and 45. 

My rasboras were seriously put off when I first introduced the otocats,  but they're now friends! The cats come out when the lights go off, and they "school" near the top with the rasboras repeatedly, whipping past the rasboras and going down and up on the glass on the other side before rejoing for the trip back across. It's so enjoyable to watch them! I wish they were more active during the day. 

Dwarf chain loach loach school of 16 with khuli loaches,amanos, and a neocardina colony in a coop planted 50, Malaysian trumpet snails, ramshorn snails and assassin snails in another 50, flag fish in 40.

Snails and shrimp double as mostly inexhaustible supply of shelled food for my small faakaha puffer.  The snails also serve as food for the chain loaches occasionally. I like them all for their different skill sets. Amano and flags for algae, neocaradina and khuli for all small foods in tough spots, snails for general maintenance food cleanup, decaying plant consumption and plant health from soil turnover with MTS

I have a small school of Corydora. I’m hoping to add more, but I started with Paleatus and I really want to do Sterbaii or something else. So I may do 6 and 6. 

I also have a couple of nerite snails and mystery snails. I love watching the mystery snails travel the tank looking for food and a nice spot to sleep. 

I don’t know if I consider them a bottom feeder, because they stay mid-aquarium on my plants, but I also have a small school of otocinlcus. 

Lastly, Red Cherry Shrimp... everywhere. Even hanging from my floating water sprite