Crypt 'Pink Flamingo'

Brandy

Ok. So Cory had some and he sold it. And it is out there somewhere...growing...and everyone wants it. All you lucky ducks who got some better be multiplying this like crazy, using all the root tabs you can cram into your substrate, because I would be willing to bet your LFS will buy THAT. Will someone local hurry up and sell some back to Cory so I can buy it? 😎

Edited by Brandy
  • Like 4

I was able to get one when the co-op had them last and I wish I could say that I am being over run with pink flamingo, but mine is barely hanging on. It melted back hard when I put it in the tank, and I have been watching it like a hawk hoping that it comes back, and I have two small leaves poking up through the substrate right now. I've been putting root tabs under it hoping that the roots are still alive and grabbing some of the nutrients so it will grow back. It's supposed to be a variant of the wendtii species, and I have no problem growing others like the bronze and green ones so I figured the pink would do good, but it hasn't. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got it! It's in rough shape but it's been sitting on their shelf for like 3 months. The last crypt I got from a big box store was in about as bad shape and it's now covering 2 tanks so here's hoping!

IMG_20201228_123620.jpg.af6774ba0a6f4f712e4a6b1a16c81e1f.jpg

It's hard to make out in the pic, but the older growth is definitely pink, and the newer growth (I'm assuming growth that happened in the cup) is green. Can't believe how cheap it was compared to some of the places I've seen recently.