Is this planaria?

Michow

Do you think these things are planaria? I tried to attach a video, but I could only figure out how to attach pictures. I think I got these pretty early when I started getting into the hobby this July so they are in all of the tanks I have currently. They have stayed pretty small. Maybe 1-3 mm total? 

Also I think the cyclops are cute.

Image_2020-12-08 07_59_08_520.JPG

Image_2020-12-08 07_59_03_199.JPG

Screenshot_20201208-081834_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Michow

3 minutes ago, Michow said:

Do you think these things are planaria? I tried to attach a video, but I could only figure out how to attach pictures.

@Lizzie Block had a good post on how to attach video here:

The shapes looks like planaria, but the bristles on the side give me pause. Possibly not planaria?

• Thanks 1

I'm really not finding anything on the internet that looks EXACTY like these guys. They kind of look like planaria...but not completely. They don't look like most pictures of detritus worms. 

I would like to try to breed nano fish and shrimp but these guys have me worried. I don't know if I should leave them or try to get rid of them.

Edited by Michow

This doesnt look like planeria to me. Planeria is usually larger and doesnt have bristles.

My best guess is oligochaeta. They seem to be harmless and beneficial, they clean up dead plant matter and are an alternative food source. I personally wouldn't worry about it unless your fish are starting to show symptoms. 

The bug on the left is cyclops.

• Thanks 1

Thank you! The species name gives me something to look up!

So yeah, I think these do look similar. The heads on mine are kind of different but it's close.

ufXB5PwraQv1lQZz4T3mSWoSRbVvhHY4kzOrxlHD
AQUARIUMPOETRY-11GALLONRCS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Today I discovered lots of approx. 3mm long worms on the aquarium front glass. According to many web sources it is one...