Sponge Filter - Crazy bubbles

Aloha from Hawai'i!  New to the hobby and really enjoying it.  Been lurking on the Forum and shopping a lot on the website!

Just converted to AquariumCoop sponge filters.  They are terrific!  Have (2) Small filters in my 20gallon long and (1) nano in my 10gallon betta tank.  All working fine, however a few days ago the filter in my betta tank has gone crazy. 

Bubbles were accumulating in the corner of the tank and slowly popping but now the bubbles are on overload.  Checked water parameters and all is normal  PH: 7.4 / Ammonia: 0 / Nitrates + Nitrites: 0.

The only change is that I took out the sponge filter to clean it in tank water.  Has airstone.

Has anyone experienced this?  Any suggestions?

Really appreciate any feedback.  Mahalo.

IMG_1348.JPG

Aloha! I'm not sure if it will work, but there is an adjustment on the ziss airstone (I am assuming you have one) that you can turn to make the bubbles smaller or bigger. Maybe it was set differently than before, and that's why the bubbles are accumulating?

• Like 1

I was watching a Youtube video Cory did where he discussed the sponge filters and how to make adjustments like Maggie mentioned but this issue didn't come up.  As mentioned, the Ziss airstone can be turned to adjust bubbles and your air pump may have an adjustment to increase/decrease air flow.  Maybe @Cory could offer any additional thoughts.

Here is the sponge filter video I was talking about

• Like 1