Greetings from Oregon!

Squid88

Hello everyone! My name is Sydney and I live in Roseburg Oregon. I kept fish as a child in a bowl, and in August of this year I bought a 6.8 gallon tank and dove right into this hobby. Currently I have a betta, pond snails, baby Ramshorn snails, and plants in the 6.8 (50W heater). I also got a 20H I got at the end of October because my betta had killed two nerite snails I tried to add, and then I noticed him pecking at my grandpa Ramshorn snails so I moved the snails into the 20H. Currently in the 20H (aquarium co-op sponge filter no heater), I have 2 grandpa Ramshorn snails, an assassin snail, a bunch of pond snails, 4 horned nerite snails, 4 low grade cherry shrimp (they were culls), and a bunch of plants. I included images of the 6.8 and the 20H but the 20H has algae on the glass so the image isn't too great. The 6.8 gallon tank I have has a built in sump filter that I do not like and I have been running the sump at the lowest setting I can and have a sponge filter going with the usb nano air pump. Is this too much flow for my betta fish?

PXL_20201208_032403292.jpg

PXL_20201208_052721005.jpg

• Like 1

Hello and welcome! It's hard to tell from the photo, but I don't think it's too much flor for your betta.  As long as he is being pushed around the tank or look like he's fighting to swim from one area to another he's probably doing ok.