A few questions about tank mates

Tiffany

I have a 30 gal community tank with black tetras, neon tetras, one male betta, oto's, kulhi loach and a lyre tail molly. I put 8 amano shrimp in there last night. They are not full grown but they are not extra small. What are the odds they will survive? I hope good..😬

hmm.. I think the only real threat you may have is your betta. But it depends on your bettas temperment, because he is kept in a community tank, I'm assuming he will be fine but there is really no say. I don't think the kuhli loaches will munch down on these guys but it depends. If your looking for amano shrimp for this tank, I would try to get full grown ones. Once these guys are full grown they should be just fine.

Kuhli loaches are usually okay with shrimp, since they have a different mouth shape from other loaches. I agree that the betta would probably be the instigator, if the shrimp end up getting injured or eaten. I’ve heard of some mollies eating shrimp as well, but I think that full grown amano shrimp would likely be too large for them to eat. The rest of the stocking seems like it would be fine. 

6 hours ago, Tiffany said:

I have a 30 gal community tank with black tetras, neon tetras, one male betta, oto's, kulhi loach and a lyre tail molly. I put 8 amano shrimp in there last night. They are not full grown but they are not extra small. What are the odds they will survive? I hope good..😬

Better if you have good places to hide like guppy grass or something. 

O Lord!! I hope I didn't sentence these guys to death!! I can't find any amano shrimp locally so I had to order them. They were small so I put them in a tank until they grew some. I would have kept them in the tank longer but I don't have a heater for the tank they were kept in and it is getting to cold (in my mind) for them without a heater. (yes they are inside, house stays around 70 day and night but close to a window plus it was a small tank and a pain to upkeep) I have 3 pieces of cholla wood and different plants around the tank. Nothing like guppy grass or anything like that. I don't have a lfs just the box stores which do not have anything like that. I seen 1 yesterday and have been trying to spot the others.. but have had no luck..I will feel so bad if these guys end up a snack..

My molly just got put in because he was not nice to the other mollys in his other tank, which I may have to find another place for him because he seems to be stressed (swimming quickly and all over the tank all the time) and my betta will flare at him but only if he gets close to him. Blue Boy (the betta) is pretty chill and so far only gets mad at the kulhi's if they lay in his house which they always do and they don't care when he flares at them. A little bit of tank drama.

Thank y'all for your input!!

Edited by Tiffany