Some gorgeous angelfish

Kat_Rigel

Ever go to your LFS and see a fish that just makes you go, "WOW!" I'm not "an angelfish person" but these angels were absolutely stunning! STUNNING! I guess it is called diamond scale? Well, the name is apt, because I've never seen such a shiny, sparkling fish. I would have snapped them up but I am already overstocked on all of my tanks; another one on the list for my future fish room. I'm so anxious that I won't find them again! Anyone familiar with angels able to tell me if this morph is common?

Sorry for the glare on the pics, it was the best I could do. 😅

20201204_124211.jpg

20201204_124216.jpg

20201204_124217.jpg

• Like 1

I think I have what you saw. I bought 20 dime size angelfish on AquaBid and some look like this with diamond like scales:

image.png.a6b7ead79cfb6e0d3f316da6a413d90b.png

Some came out more bluish like this:

image.png.85f1082759be34e6f906fb6dc45f1823.png

And some were more plain like this:

image.png.6ab8b62921dc22f723ea67dd721ce3ce.png

All these colors seem to come from 1 batch of fry. They all looked the same and were the same size (about the size of a fingernail) when I got them in late September of this year.

I don't know what this diamond scale thing is called, but it is out there. Maybe some of the angelfish people on the forum can identify this for us.

I have been sorting out the types into the 3 aquariums in the dirted tank project.

• Like 2

Ms Hank, that’s Mable.  They spawn every 4 to 6 weeks, but with 11 panda Corys, 5 long fin danios and 2 BN plecos......

one of these days I’m gonna pull everyone else out to try for a viable spawn.  Fun fact - their last attempt was at 68 degrees. (Heater failed). 

image.jpg

• Haha 1

They’re all so beautiful! After many years of saying I’m gonna get angels, I recently finally got a few juveniles from a local guy who’d bred them. They’re now probably my favourite fish! I can’t go past the tank without stopping and staring. I could sit and look at folks angel pictures all day long! 😍

I've been seeing black and blue angels in my area - there's an active breeder not far from me - and I'm not usually and angel fish person either - but these have me seriously reconsidering it. But I'd kind of like to do an angel only tank - and find a tank just for that purpose. Not sure what would make them happiest.

• Like 2