Aquarium Co-Op's prefilters

Aqua junky

Hey yall has anyone ordered the large and medium Pre- filter?  I ordered the large for my FX6 and it's the size of a sponge filter which is perfect for the FX6  so I thought I'll order one for my Marinland magniflow 220 but I ordered a medium instead and boy there's a massive difference in the 2 sizes. Only reason I'm asking is to see if maybe there was a mistake made somehow cause the size of this medium I would think would be the small and if not than I definitely wanna order the small to see how they can get them much smaller. Anyhow heres a pic and tell me what you think!!

16072749941653270071885432623268.jpg

Yeah, a medium "plus" would be nice, I just measured the intake of my new Marineland 125 Pro I'm putting on the new 20L. It's 15/16" OD, the medium has a 1/2" hole and the large is 1-1/4", that's a big jump. I think I'll mash a medium on there. @Paul Don't you have a Marineland Pro? 

My old medium prefilter that I ran on my hob was too small for the intake when I bought a canister. So I took the canister intake off and ran the medium just on the intake tube (I removed the bulbous “cage”). It worked well, but I wanted to increase the filtration surface area. 

The large is massive in my tank! It fits the intake “cage” perfectly, but it almost touches the substrate. I did some tweaking for now and I’ve been considering how I am going to modify it. 

12 hours ago, Ken said:

Yeah, a medium "plus" would be nice, I just measured the intake of my new Marineland 125 Pro I'm putting on the new 20L. It's 15/16" OD, the medium has a 1/2" hole and the large is 1-1/4", that's a big jump. I think I'll mash a medium on there. @Paul Don't you have a Marineland Pro? 

I hope this doesn't bother anyone, but I use intake sponges one size smaller than recommended on the website, even if I have to enlarge the hole a little.  The large just takes up so much room I can't quite make myself use one.

• Like 2