Questions about attaching plants to wood

Maggie

I have these two pieces of spider wood, and ordered (from Coop) 1 each java fern, dwarf saggitaria, anubias gold coin, red dwarf lily bulb, and crypto wendtii. I assume they'll ship tomorrow and should (hope to) have by Wednesday or Thursday! I'll be moving over some water sprite to float, and java moss for the corner from the other tank as well. I also have two easy planters, and got some crushed coral yesterday for pH stability. What are the best plants to attach to the wood using super glue gel? Do I hold in place for like 30 seconds? How long do I wait before putting it back in the tank, and is it immediately fish safe at that point? Which of the above will I have the best luck with in the easy planters, and should I use crushed coral around the plants or will they be able to grab my relatively large-sized gravel? Thanks!

20201205_153843.jpg

You can use any brand of cyanoacrylate gel glue really. It cures very fast, so no real wait until it can go in the tank. Minutes. I have large gravel like that. It's not super easy to get some plants to stay sometimes, but it's really a minor inconvenience. They'll stay fine, like lefty said. Don't go yanking on them though. They'll come right out. You could weight the roots if it becomes an issue.

And you can also glue the java moss to it if you want the cool effect that causes.

• Thanks 1

I've attached Java Fern, Trident Fern, and Anubias to wood using the gel super glue.  I'd suggest getting a toothpick, or something similar, to hold the plant onto the glue or else you'll get it on your hands.  It usually only takes 10 seconds until the glue will hold the plant (depends on the size of course) and then I just let it sit for a minute or two.  Be sure to pat the wood and the plant dry prior to adding the gel.  It's fine to put it in the aquarium after only a few minutes and should hold the plant unless you have a very strong flow.

• Thanks 1

I am attaching plants to a piece of spider wood this weekend. The wood is already in the tank is the glue going to stick or should I try using some other method of attaching it?

I am taking the wood out of the tank to attach the plants. Just making sure people know that. Lol

Edited by Medkow74
Spelling and grammar

• 3 weeks later...