i was referred  to Rachael O'learys you tube video and other you tube videos found out its not algae but mold and its all over my wood i was told to do nothing cause it will go on it's own and/or get the amano shrimp or again just do nothing iv got otos, corydora's and nerite snail in the tank and bare bottom tank its on the bottom glass and wood the live stock dont seem to be interresd in it so im going to just leave it alone like the videos say and see what happens thank-you everyone 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

@Danielyou make me wish I had paid more attention in biology class, gone further in chemistry and physics, and made a career in a science field!! (I could do a deep dive into a legal brief on a federal civil case, however.) 😁

@Maggie funny enough, me too! I am much better at Shepardizing a case than I am at the daily science stuff I actually love.

• Like 1

@DanielI couldn't get past the "blood and guts" part of biology. For natural science electives in my BS in criminal justice, I took biology of ecosystems and environmental science, both of which focused on the whole, rather than individual life forms. I'd rather have taken something like astronomy or planetary science, but they weren't offered. All this aquarium biology is very new to me! I have all kinds of algae in my tank but what kind it is - ?? (Josie and the Otocats love it, whatever it is).

• Haha 1

@Danielits the first thing I thought of when I was group-naming them! My rasboras are Cool and the Gang (not to be confused with Kool and the Gang, but they were on my mind at the time). My daughter helped name the danios - the females are Golden Girls (my choice) and the males are Backstreet Boys (hers). 

• Like 1