Goldfish Anus Problem?

Abbagal

Hi, My goldfish's anus has some thing sticking out of it and it seems to have problems going to the bathroom. Ive done the medicine trio and added aquarium salt but it's still the same. Picture attached.

Ph 7.8, nitrates 20ppm, nitrites 0ppm, ammonia 0.30 ppm (changed my ammonia filter, did 30% water change, and stopped feeding for a few days), Gh 143.2 ppm, Kh 53.7ppm, temp. 74 degrees F

20201203_151853.jpg

Edited by Abbagal

• 7 months later...

Hi Abbagal, i saw your post here.

Our goldfish has the identical problem.

Did you manage to identify what it was, how did you got about treating it?

Were really concerned and dont know what it is despite asking where we got the fish and reading for hours on the web, then i found your post with pictures that look identical to our fishes issue.

Edited by plazma

On 7/11/2021 at 2:54 PM, plazma said:

Were really concerned and dont know what it is despite asking where we got the fish and reading for hours on the web, then i found your post with pictures that look identical to our fishes issue.

If your fish is suffering from a prolapse epsom  salt will help 1 table spoon for 2 gallons for 1 week or you can do salt bath for no more than 15 minutes 2-3.times a day.acts as a muscle relaxant.will help your fish reabsorb the prolapse