C.A.R.E. Tip - Easy Access

Zenzo

• Administrators

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a quick tip that might make accessing this forum a little easier. 

Attached is a screenshot of my screen on my iPhone. As you can see, I created a shortcut icon on my home screen to make it easier to access the forum site. On an iPhone you can click on the little upload icon at the bottom of your page and select to save it to your home screen. I’m sure Android has a similar function. 

4282EDA7-64EA-46F6-8770-F2E7942D04DF.jpeg

• Like 6

Big fan of the "Shortcuts" in iOS.

Before Apple released this feature, there was another app I used that others might find useful: https://ifttt.com/

It essentially does the same thing, just not provided by Apple

Edit: just noticed I am talking about something slightly different instead of just an app shortcut! (Mess around with the Shortcuts app if you have an iPhone!)

Example"If Aquarium Co-Op posts a video, open YouTube and cast to living room TV"

Edited by Byte
  • Like 1

Here are some other generic tips for forums in general and Invision in particular:

Unread Content is the best way to read the forum. Pick your favorite topics to read and respond to first, then refresh and see what else is going on.

The dot next to a thread takes you to the first unread post of the thread. The title takes you to the first post.

Cory chose the best current forum software, so the desktop and mobile interfaces are both easy.

Edited by Streetwise
Details
  • Like 1

It took me a while to figure it out, but what @Streetwise says about Unread Content is the way to go. I like the 'next unread topic'  link at the bottom right of the post you are reading as it takes you that very post. That doesn't always work for me if I just click on say 'Other Pets' on the topics page.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, Tazawa Tanks said:

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a quick tip that might make accessing this forum a little easier. 

Attached is a screenshot of my screen on my iPhone. As you can see, I created a shortcut icon on my home screen to make it easier to access the forum site. On an iPhone you can click on the little upload icon at the bottom of your page and select to save it to your home screen. I’m sure Android has a similar function. 

4282EDA7-64EA-46F6-8770-F2E7942D04DF.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I wanted to add another forum tip. When pasting in text from another website, it may come in with formatting, which you may or may not want. Immediately after pasting something with formatting, the forum will display an in-editor pop-up, with the option to "Paste as plain text instead."

In most cases, I would recommend choosing that, and then apply your desired formatting in the editor.

This especially matters if you are pasting from another site with dark mode, into this forum with light mode, or the opposite. You don't want the text and background to come with their own colors, or it might be difficult to read in either light mode, or dark mode.

I hope this makes sense, but let me try an example from two different tech sites.

Dark text on light background:

The construction of the Radeon RX 6800 XT is what I’d call normal. There’s no dual-fan setup here, nor a fancy new PCB or a 12-pin connector.

Light text on dark background:

Otherwise, the spec showdown between AMD and Nvidia differs on a basis of compute units and clock speeds.

Edited by Streetwise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1