Pknsmasher

I was looking at articles about the quarantine trio, and intend to purchase for new fish. I also deal with large quantities of shrimp. Are these quarantine meds recommended for them as well?  Many shrimp are imported and it makes me uneasy adding them to established colonies.

Honestly I never have quarantined shrimp and likely never will. The only disease I've ever seen in shrimp is ellobiopsidae and it has an unreasonably long incubation period. Flip Aquatics quarantines their shrimp before selling them, however it's only to ensure that the shrimp molt prior to shipment and have time to acclimate to your water before their next molt. Failed molts and predation are more likely to kill shrimp than a disease.

Unfortunately I did have a batch of cherry shrimp from my LFS bring what I think was a bacterial infection into my shrimp colony. They got lethargic, their tissue turned white, and then they would die. It slowly killed all the shrimp in that tank. ☹️ So if I get any expensive shrimp I’ll be quarantining them. I wouldn’t bother with the cheap shrimp though.