Prepping to get into the hobby

Gestaltgal

Hey there!

I'm new around here, and I am starting the research process for a first time tank. I'm excited, but I'm really nervous. I started with Freshwater Aquariums for Dummies, which essentially taught me all the ways I could kill a fish! After recovering from the shock, I hopped online and started poking around, and found a wonderful corner of YouTube full of fish keeping information! I don't have a ton of financial resources, so I want to smart small, and I look forward to reading and watching what folks around here do!

lt_Jc0qo8uFdKMTvvCV_joqWRAbd42RuTRG9QAVNA_l9osmROvKgZAB5sbevNY71eRI4ADaZWrYd3_EXo9xdyycNviPME_miqGw8339DFmat5MTfS7rIBtQ0_5R9PysHbKf_JqIjH4FifLJapNiHC2yrM_JemV3cSi1BukzxhUInfmJp6FtfM4PU1bH9yGjDIb38SO_gAdDX1HKt9WgOs7Zsf8hWR-VZ11bgGe7bUaxVrIUCuigxLFz4OXyeq6NxbwoARJpPwy8QfXMA_mHkCWb7WxJTCKXsGG0ctqPnGtqtlcJZr3_oZkev-0VxmDxTgqRaUrecwKTtDMTFO5tEGwMYSe1N5MKCjbjfPWKWplemafH-6bPffowQifgWRizVWVk_cYBTakvIv-DS83tG52xt_vwgeSgI0HFF_fpRcHZ97dWUnTgaipixqv0mLrjuqMvdElIhM2xR7CeAEcoTSkcKKOVg_3zWLesH6i-Ax9tWD3k04hlPhDe3a6rTzLqUI7Si3-O-p6q_NJZ9CnMuHKaj5zkrh28Iq1EAb48KIZA46nMOK3fdFgNfpUMc_vp9rmidGmMWvcdvLgNgF4BfaGicD3oprXspu-uQQElFgoHMxwzAijfM-C0YjXJsun3ee0-WyZPGqUmKVdJ0xYGhPHlK7NAt9mlZnyLvMqKsd5qcoqkow2QWZPNCaZUFPw=w1172-h867-no?authuser=0

3 hours ago, lefty o said:

welcome, and dont let all the info overwhelm you.  good resources available here, and video's on you tube besides the books. most people have a learning curve with their first tank, but most of it doesnt take very long to figure out.

Thanks! It is a steep learning curve, and I appreciate the encouragement.

Welcome to the hobby! You're already off to a great start by doing your research and feeling responsibility towards your new fish and plants. Your care and observation and desire to do what's best for them will take you a long way! That and the fact that you're here. Aquarium Co-op has the best equipment and information I've ever found. Keep up that caring spirit and you'll do just fine!

• Like 1