baby brine

tr0y

I have light air but heating is an issue I only have 6 tanks and they are all in my room so I don't heat the room. My point is I can't leave the brine shrimp light on all night which will act as the heater so is it ok if it's at around 76 but then drops down to around 70-69 at night.

I've truthfully never used a light on my brine shrimp hatchery. Just the ambient light of the room that's maybe on for 8 hours. The hatchery is located near a heat pipe in my basement and does stay at 80° besides the summer it goes to about 75. I've never seen it drop lower than that. I am able to hatch every 24 hours and sometimes let it go about 36 if I'm busy. Once I shut the air off I don't use a light to draw them to the bottom either, about 90% or more typically just fall down on their own. I am pretty happy with this and have been continuing this routine for 2 years. I used to use a light and worry about heat. But for me I've found that I don't actually need to stress about the fine details and they will hatch as long as you get them some salt. I have upgraded to the ziss hatchery and that has been the only thing I have changed in my routine for these 2 years and that has definitely made my hatching experience much more efficient. 

Sorry for the rant. I just think I'm either very lucky in hatching or baby brine don't need as much attention as we think. Don't worry, do what works best for you, and you'll be fine!