Plant Identification

Posted (edited)

@clownbaby ive never heard of that one actually, temp is set to 78.

@Ninjoma I’ve owned some of all of those so any could be possible but whatever this is has been thriving by accident.

I noticed this tiny stringy plant growing in the tank and thought it was some nuisance like bladderwort. When I upgraded the light whatever it is it has completely changed in appearance and really started to grow floating. I like the look of it so was hoping to ID it to be able to decide how I want to grow it going forward. 

Edited by CJs Aquatics
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, CJs Aquatics said:

@clownbaby ive never heard of that one actually, temp is set to 78.

I noticed this tiny stringy plant growing in the tank and thought it was some nuisance like bladderwort. When I upgraded the light whatever it is it has completely changed in appearance and really started to grow floating. I like the look of it so was hoping to ID it to be able to decide how I want to grow it going forward. 

I have native water starworts in my outdoor water garden. Most can grow veryyyy variable depending on conditions. Underwater leaves look like bacopa, but floating leaves look moreso like dwarf water lettuce mixed with duckweed. Depending on the temperature the growth can vary too. 

I've grown some in my aquarium before, they grow very rapidly in higher temperatures but look better in a temperate aquarium. 

• Love 1