How much is my stuff worth?

AJE

So I'm moving. How much do you think I should sell all my fish stuff for?
I’ve got 2 15 gallons and a 55 all of which are loaded with plants.
The equipment that I'm selling is: 3 heaters, 1 air pump, 1 very cycled sponge filter, 2 submersible pumps, a hob, and a DIY light over my 55
For food I have, I have 7 different mostly full things of food and 30 root tabs
For livestock I have: 3 gbrs, 6 guppies plus over 100 fry, 1 vampire shrimp, 5 platys, 5 neon tetras, 5 kuhli loaches, 10 Pygmy carries, and maybe 150 ish rcs
I’m thinking like $600 too much? Too little?

You might want to consider piecing it out and selling stuff individually, depending on the amount of time you have to get rid of everything. The chances of you finding someone that wants to pay that much for your exact combination of random things is kind of low. Loaded with plants may mean something different to another person. 

I frequently search for and buy used tanks. I'll usually take used equipment if it's offered with the tank, but I don't ever intentionally purchase it or pay extra for it. Used equipment can be kind of iffy in it's "mileage" and how well it was taken care of and maintained. Your location will also make a big difference on what people are willing to pay for what you have as well. 

I would suggest 25% of retail. Used fish stuff unfortunately has low resale value. You may get more for the tanks and hoods, but don't expect much for the accessories.

Regarding your fish, try the local fish club if you are a member or donating them to your local fish store for credit if you are staying in the area, or a straight up 'surrender' if your moving date is getting close.

Good luck with your move!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dandy Pearl said:

I would suggest 25% of retail. Used fish stuff unfortunately has low resale value. You may get more for the tanks and hoods, but don't expect much for the accessories.

Regarding your fish, try the local fish club if you are a member or donating them to your local fish store for credit if you are staying in the area, or a straight up 'surrender' if your moving date is getting close.

Good luck with your move!

I don't have a fish club and I only know one other person who is into fish