Other Pets

Cory

15 hours ago, Eddie Dingle said:

This is my buddy, I got him the year after I graduated from high school, unfortunately it was time to say goodbye this January. I miss coming home from work and having him roll over in front of the couch and beg for belly rubs while I take off my boots. 

ORD 🥺

On 9/10/2020 at 9:42 PM, Rikostan said:

Sorry for the blurry pic. This is Eleven. She is half chihuahua and half papillion. This was the day we brought her home.

6VLJDIt.jpg.aa39a98b2796ca05625afab61677f17d.jpg

Another one of Eleven playing.

ele2.jpg.41980ed7035f304ab9fb1cc8cffdbab5.jpg

This is Pugsley. She had to wear a the ring so she wouldn't bother a wound and she wasn't too into it. Better than the cone though!

received_380954639232787.jpeg.411c82d12f7e0211b804e1e5450f7ade.jpeg

And lastly is my buddy Tucker. He is a rescue we've had for about 4 years now. He sits by my feet all day long. He loves to lean against my leg as I work too. 

tuck.jpg.14bd3b988739387c8c50413599729db9.jpg

Oh and the cat... Ubuntu

ubu.jpg.158424416c6e7abc7e4dce4be8ef08fb.jpg

This pic is pretty old. He is 17 now and pretty big and a total jerk.

Eleven made me go "Awwwwww!" and the pic of your total jerk cat made me LOL. He could be my cat's twin and I can relate. I'll look for a pic when I'm done working.

Just now, Celly Rasbora said:

Hey, @Rikostanhere's your cat's twin brother, Rufus. He's a pretty boy, but we adopted him from a family with children he would attack.

He has quite a vivid imagination. Here, he is pretending to be a laying hen. The Secret Life of Rufus Kitty.

IMG_0019[1].JPG

LOL wow, they DO like like twins! Is he crazy long too? Like when we are cooking, our cat will stretch up and put his paws on the counter-top.

I don’t think I’ve posted in this thread yet... my memory is terrible... but here’s my sweet cat Rosemary (aka Kitty). We got her from a lady running a private rescue. Apparently she was found under a porch with three kittens—and she herself was not even a year old! She was a surprise birthday present for me when we lived in our first apartment, which according to the lease, didn’t allow cats. One day my husband (without me knowing) asked the landlord if we could get a cat, and he said “sure! We just don’t want dogs.” Now she’s my buddy. She has the sweetest temperament. I will do almost anything for her.

5C163825-C935-443D-A55C-4F4ABA1C8D10.jpeg.96b8d0fe30cf08595bc3e99b86997e2b.jpeg

• Like 6

I've been looking for pictures of our dogs, Alfie and Lulu. I found this snuggly pic with Lulu on the left.

Lulu is our oldest pet at the moment. We got her to be a companion to my beamish boy, Spot. She became his eyes at the end. She is a terrier mix, adopted from a woman my husband knows who trains and finds homes for dogs. She and Alfie are best buds. Like Rufus, she has skin allergies, which are about to be bad (summer in the South, so fun!), but we try to manage them, the best we can. Lulu is a rough and tumble dog, terrier through and through. I looked for pics of her dirty and exhausted from hunting critters in holes, but I can't find any.

Alfie is—we reckon—a schnoodle, which is to say he's a schnauzer/poodle, but we don't know, as he came from the animal shelter. I imagine, based on his fear of the kitchen, that he was abandoned after he helped himself to the expensive steaks left out on the counter, but that, too, is part of Alfie's mythical origin story. He's a funny dog. He loves to have fun and is always ready, but if there's no fun to be had, he'll be on our bed, as evidenced below. Just don't ask him what it's all about, because he is not a deep thinker.

image.png.4fb0b0c2c9d3a45beafb1554151c0e63.png

• Like 7

On 3/9/2021 at 1:51 PM, Kalita said:

Loving all the photos of your "other" pets! 

I have a 15 year old GSD, Scout

2 cats - Boo (black) and Melli

2 horses - Amigo and Fancy

boo3.jpg

melli5.jpg

scout2.jpg

1654298_952242232985_6632382619827433869_n.jpg

I do love horses and miss keeping them.  (Sigh)

But this is a question that I wondered after (of all things) listening to Cory talk about gadgets to make planting AC root tabs easier.  I remembered using some horse dewormer that came in narrow plastic dispensers.  (Not the fat ones that narrowed at the end but the narrow ones that are the same size all the way to the end.)  I remember always wondering if they could be washed out and used for another purpose.  Do you know which ones I am talking about—and do you think they would work for that?

On 3/9/2021 at 6:28 AM, Sal said:

SOOO many cute animals!!  Love this!!

These are my 2 rescue-derps at Christmas...  They were thrilled as you can see...  😂

xmas_dogs.jpg

More enthusiastic than my gang... :classic_unsure:  You have beautiful dogs! 

Doggy Christmas 2015.jpg

Kody Christmas 2015.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 3/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, Celly Rasbora said:

I've been looking for pictures of our dogs, Alfie and Lulu. I found this snuggly pic with Lulu on the left.

Lulu is our oldest pet at the moment. We got her to be a companion to my beamish boy, Spot. She became his eyes at the end. She is a terrier mix, adopted from a woman my husband knows who trains and finds homes for dogs. She and Alfie are best buds. Like Rufus, she has skin allergies, which are about to be bad (summer in the South, so fun!), but we try to manage them, the best we can. Lulu is a rough and tumble dog, terrier through and through. I looked for pics of her dirty and exhausted from hunting critters in holes, but I can't find any.

Alfie is—we reckon—a schnoodle, which is to say he's a schnauzer/poodle, but we don't know, as he came from the animal shelter. I imagine, based on his fear of the kitchen, that he was abandoned after he helped himself to the expensive steaks left out on the counter, but that, too, is part of Alfie's mythical origin story. He's a funny dog. He loves to have fun and is always ready, but if there's no fun to be had, he'll be on our bed, as evidenced below. Just don't ask him what it's all about, because he is not a deep thinker.

image.png.4fb0b0c2c9d3a45beafb1554151c0e63.png

What wonderful buddies!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Trish said:

More enthusiastic than my gang... :classic_unsure:  You have beautiful dogs! 

Oh my goodness, they are TOO CUTE! 😂 They always look so miserable when you dress them up, and as odd as it sounds, I think that is half the fun!

• Haha 1

Bubu, our Tuxedo cat, fishowner owner, and part time feline blanket burritto when it's snowing outside as it is right now. The real owner of the feline big screen TV I call my 75 gallon tank, and the main viewer of it from the perch of his cat tree.

FullSizeR[1].jpg

Edited by Jungle Fan
  • Like 5

Leila (all brown) and Lemieux (brown and white). My fiancée and I rescued them a few months back. They're 6 months old and came from the same litter. They're looking forward to daddy setting up his 75g next week so they can watch the fishies swim around.

IMG_9398.jpg

IMG_9186.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 3/16/2021 at 5:27 PM, Lifeisgood said:

Love seeing everyone’s other pets!😁  Right now our family lives in town and apart from the aquariums we share our home with three cats a Shetland sheepdog, my son’s corn snake named Jenna and due to the lack of wildlife out my window, I have taken to feeding the squirrels and they come from far and wide within 10 minutes of putting food out (I think they have cell phones!)

First came our black cat with opposable thumbs and a forked tail whom we found in a dumpster tied up in a plastic bag.  We named him Jewel.

Then came Caspian our Shetland Sheepdog.  Who is short of stature but great of heart.  I have seen him catch a vole in his mouth but drop it when it squeaked.  

When we moved to town from our hobby farm, the kids talked me into adopting two sister kittens who never grew up.  They stayed small and naughty.  One has a practice golf ball and bounces it down the stairs over and over to play.  The other prefers twisty ties that come off bread bags.  She oversees me making breakfast every morning.  At night they both help bring up the clean laundry from the basement one sock at a time. 😊

1EE0D1CC-6A91-46F5-9CAC-312E5AB73357.jpeg

9CE77348-2C50-4E59-98CB-6C500D495323.jpeg

9CE2F2BA-314B-4B3B-8029-7A4A53DEA00E.jpeg

8938D4A1-5863-4FAB-A191-2F0CD603D8E1.jpeg

image.jpg

Another thing I just thought of is the aspen Beding there is no huge problem but I don’t like it just because it molds easily and is really dusty 

16 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

What do you use? 

I personally use eco earth or forest floor but like I said this is just personal preference not and emergent thing 

this is a good video about it and him and aquarium coop did and axolotl tank together so I think I can mention him here