Other Pets

Cory

Love seeing everyone’s other pets!😁  Right now our family lives in town and apart from the aquariums we share our home with three cats a Shetland sheepdog, my son’s corn snake named Jenna and due to the lack of wildlife out my window, I have taken to feeding the squirrels and they come from far and wide within 10 minutes of putting food out (I think they have cell phones!)

First came our black cat with opposable thumbs and a forked tail whom we found in a dumpster tied up in a plastic bag.  We named him Jewel.

Then came Caspian our Shetland Sheepdog.  Who is short of stature but great of heart.  I have seen him catch a vole in his mouth but drop it when it squeaked.  

When we moved to town from our hobby farm, the kids talked me into adopting two sister kittens who never grew up.  They stayed small and naughty.  One has a practice golf ball and bounces it down the stairs over and over to play.  The other prefers twisty ties that come off bread bags.  She oversees me making breakfast every morning.  At night they both help bring up the clean laundry from the basement one sock at a time. 😊

1EE0D1CC-6A91-46F5-9CAC-312E5AB73357.jpeg

9CE77348-2C50-4E59-98CB-6C500D495323.jpeg

9CE2F2BA-314B-4B3B-8029-7A4A53DEA00E.jpeg

8938D4A1-5863-4FAB-A191-2F0CD603D8E1.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

Love seeing everyone’s other pets!😁  Right now our family lives in town and apart from the aquariums we share our home with three cats a Shetland sheepdog, my son’s corn snake named Jenna and due to the lack of wildlife out my window, I have taken to feeding the squirrels and they come from far and wide within 10 minutes of putting food out (I think they have cell phones!)

First came our black cat with opposable thumbs and a forked tail whom we found in a dumpster tied up in a plastic bag.  We named him Jewel.

Then came Caspian our Shetland Sheepdog.  Who is short of stature but great of heart.  I have seen him catch a vole in his mouth but drop it when it squeaked.  

When we moved to town from our hobby farm, the kids talked me into adopting two sister kittens who never grew up.  They stayed small and naughty.  One has a practice golf ball and bounces it down the stairs over and over to play.  The other prefers twisty ties that come off bread bags.  She oversees me making breakfast every morning.  At night they both help bring up the clean laundry from the basement one sock at a time. 😊

1EE0D1CC-6A91-46F5-9CAC-312E5AB73357.jpeg

9CE77348-2C50-4E59-98CB-6C500D495323.jpeg

9CE2F2BA-314B-4B3B-8029-7A4A53DEA00E.jpeg

8938D4A1-5863-4FAB-A191-2F0CD603D8E1.jpeg

image.jpg

That is a beautiful corn snake glad to see another snake owner here but may I Suggest some more enrichment and hides from this photo it looks a bit empty snakes like a lot of places to hide and things like fake plants to use as enrichment if it’s just this photo please correct me that is the thing about photos they only show certain things 

27 minutes ago, Angelfishlover said:

That is a beautiful corn snake glad to see another snake owner here but may I Suggest some more enrichment and hides from this photo it looks a bit empty snakes like a lot of places to hide and things like fake plants to use as enrichment if it’s just this photo please correct me that is the thing about photos they only show certain things 

Good idea!  He would have fun enriching her environment.  Do you have a picture of your set up?

Just now, Lifeisgood said:

Good idea!  He would have fun enriching her environment.  Do you have a picture of your set up?

31 minutes ago, Angelfishlover said:

The snake has two hides, a water dish and an climbing branch.  My son took the cork bark hideout off her so I could take the picture.  She also has a deer scull (boiled well and fully dry).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lifeisgood said:

The snake has two hides, a water dish and an climbing branch.  My son took the cork bark hideout off her so I could take the picture.  She also has a deer scull (boiled well and fully dry).

That sounds like a good base these are some of mine these are old pictures but you get the idea i can try and get some more if you would like you basically just want it as full as possible 

Edited by Angelfishlover
Grammar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angelfishlover said:

That sounds like a good base these are some of mine these are old pictures but you get the idea i can try and get some more if you would like you basically just want it as full as possible 

7CFFFF44-2832-4236-9643-ACDDD62ADD1A.jpeg

15E9C2D6-311E-46AF-B76F-AEED4AE4AF97.jpeg

Thank you for the pictures!  Does your snake investigate everywhere?  Our enclosure is a 20 long.  Plants would look great in there.  I am just wondering how active they should be in the environment we set up?

1 minute ago, Lifeisgood said:

Thank you for the pictures!  Does your snake investigate everywhere?  Our enclosure is a 20 long.  Plants would look great in there.  I am just wondering how active they should be in the environment we set up?

With more plants you will Notice they seem to explore more since they feel safer because they can be hidden while they hide the environment you set up sounds fine but the more cover you have the more they will explore  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Angelfishlover said:

With more plants you will Notice they seem to explore more since they feel safer because they can be hidden while they hide the environment you set up sounds fine but the more cover you have the more they will explore  

What does your snake look like? (And what kind is it?)

12 minutes ago, Lifeisgood said:

What does your snake look like? (And what kind is it?)

The bigger enclosure with the black hides is for a Mojave ball python and the other one is a lavender Florida king snake these are off the internet since I don’t have any good photos of either the other pictures are of my rescue hognose and his enclosure I plan to get him some plants when they are back in stock locally but he still explores a lot sorry the glass is dirty in this pic 

CB803563-A39C-4E88-999F-79C037BBB5F4.jpeg

C21FCBD2-2E21-47D9-99EA-3F3CC5ED388F.jpeg

image.jpg

62C65D72-3509-47B1-AF18-FB45C1E53CA1.jpeg

3D45D6BD-F481-45FB-99CA-AC25C722D064.jpeg

500673B2-089D-4191-BB9F-670847A4896C.jpeg

Edited by Angelfishlover

21 minutes ago, Angelfishlover said:

The bigger enclosure with the black hides is for a Mojave ball python and the other one is a lavender Florida king snake these are off the internet since I don’t have any good photos of either the other pictures are of my rescue hognose and his enclosure I plan to get him some plants when they are back in stock locally but he still explores a lot sorry the glass is dirty in this pic 

Eyyy I have a western hoggie too! He's 18 yrs old now, but here's a glamour shot from when he was about a year old.

MoquiBasket.jpg.da86b303516e587fbf3924f3070c988b.jpg

4 minutes ago, Angelfishlover said:

Mines only about one year old now how’s yours doing also what morph is he/she 

He's doing fine for an old man. Still eating, still pooping, still digging little tunnels. He's just a normal morph but is 50% het albino. I never bred him though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, H.K.Luterman said:

He's doing fine for an old man. Still eating, still pooping, still digging little tunnels. He's just a normal morph but is 50% het albino. I never bred him though. 

Nice mines a conda morph he’s a rescue though with with a pretty sad background 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eddie Dingle said:

This is my buddy, I got him the year after I graduated from high school, unfortunately it was time to say goodbye this January. I miss coming home from work and having him roll over in front of the couch and beg for belly rubs while I take off my boots. 20201108_200617.jpg.3a2b8112b643da767c771c47c21a8b58.jpg

That is a tough time.  We tend to outlive them.  But you gave him a good life and he made your life better too.  So many don’t get that.  Thanks for letting us know about him.  That is one sweet face.❤️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H.K.Luterman said:

ORD 💜

What a bunch of cuties! 18 years old. Wow, that is impressive for a snake! In my backyard, there is a resident Mama garter snake who pops out a slew of little shoelaces every spring. They like to bask next to the south-facing wall of my house. I have to watch out so I don't accidently step on them.

One time, one of the juveniles managed to navigate through the crawlspace and find its way into my house. I walked into the kitchen one morning and did a double-take. Uh, is that a snake's head poking out from under my dishwasher?  😆 Fortunately, I was able to grab it and take it back outside. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eddie Dingle said:

This is my buddy, I got him the year after I graduated from high school, unfortunately it was time to say goodbye this January. I miss coming home from work and having him roll over in front of the couch and beg for belly rubs while I take off my boots. 20201108_200617.jpg.3a2b8112b643da767c771c47c21a8b58.jpg

Aww what a sweetie!  I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye.  ❤️