Other Pets

Cory

8 hours ago, Cory said:

They look like happy babies. All of our chihuahuas are rescues, although only one was a senior when we rescued. 

They are quite spoiled...especially the oldest one, my 14 year old Catahoula (brown spotted one on the right), she's my very sweet diva. I've had her longer than the other two, We just hit 11 years together this July, officially longer than my marriage was. I couldn't imagine life without my fur & fin babies. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 2:11 PM, Streetwise said:

This is Valcour, an ex-stray who chose me when I let him in my window. He is named after an island on Lake Champlain, with a nod to Falcor from The Neverending Story. He likes drinking water from my utility tanks.

3108C9A1-2F9E-4E76-A351-044F4822D138.jpeg

My dog eats my fish food... If I don't securely lock my fish cabinets or keep the food up high, my 60 lb pit bull will chew through the bottle/bag/packaging to get to whatever kind it is, even the algae wafers aren't safe. I swear he's gonna grow gills one day! More than once I've had to buy fish food and tell the puzzled clerk that just saw me the day before that "my dog ate it." 😂

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the blurry pic. This is Eleven. She is half chihuahua and half papillion. This was the day we brought her home.

6VLJDIt.jpg.aa39a98b2796ca05625afab61677f17d.jpg

Another one of Eleven playing.

ele2.jpg.41980ed7035f304ab9fb1cc8cffdbab5.jpg

This is Pugsley. She had to wear a the ring so she wouldn't bother a wound and she wasn't too into it. Better than the cone though!

received_380954639232787.jpeg.411c82d12f7e0211b804e1e5450f7ade.jpeg

And lastly is my buddy Tucker. He is a rescue we've had for about 4 years now. He sits by my feet all day long. He loves to lean against my leg as I work too. 

tuck.jpg.14bd3b988739387c8c50413599729db9.jpg

Oh and the cat... Ubuntu

ubu.jpg.158424416c6e7abc7e4dce4be8ef08fb.jpg

This pic is pretty old. He is 17 now and pretty big and a total jerk.

• Like 3

This is my beardie girl. When we first got her in 2017 the breeder said it was a boy. I knew before getting him I wanted to name my beardie 'Dragons' so I could be 'The Mother of Dragons' but I my hubbie insisted on calling him Steve Buscemi. Once she was old enough to properly sex, we now call her Stevie Licks. 😛 She is always licking her environment checking out if everything is cool.

We are working on building her a big new enclosure out of an old tv armoire and I'm super excited how it is turning out. Picture of her doing her weekly sunbath in the front yard and bonus picture of her after my hubbie tucked her in to sleep one night. It took alot of convincing him initially to bring her home because I grew up on a farm raising exotics and he is low key afraid if he lets me bring home too many pets at once I'll end up with a farms worth like my parents who still own an animal rescue here in Florida called 'Crazy Critters Inc'. He isn't wrong but now he loves her as much as I do with no regrets. He is still luke warm on the new aquarium but is happy I'm happy.

Tagging @ADMWNDSR83 & @Alison cause they wanted to see her! 🙂

IMG_20200809_160839.jpg.191cce24b1c6a3dec27eaed32640f502.jpgIMG_20200705_175657.jpg.c73630660ce79ee383af8ad2f57af142.jpgIMG_20200829_193425.jpg.82c2ad2906984e38ae582e33a4c4b527.jpg

Also here is my kitty girl Bagheera! I have grown to be super duper allergic to her but she is still my favorite bean because I got her as a kitten the day I moved to college. She is the true ruler of this house and likes when my hubbie carries her around in a sling turned on her back like a little baby. She'll sleep there for like half an hour while he works at his standing desk. 
IMG_20200314_132717.jpg.f5c7da1abcfaa09d454b69be5a390e01.jpg

IMG_20200731_172944.jpg.49a8340c5a6039836f600a24012ce085.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, Duane Perry said:

I found this little guy in a tree and bottle fed him. He is allot larger now. We love him but he is biting my little girl and running up behind her and grabbing her lag and biting but not super hard. It's somewhat playful but to aggressive. Any tip on how to stop this type of behavior? 

Too cute! It sounds like your kitten is just trying to play with your daughter. I love that your family saved the little guy. Sometimes when kittens are not raised by a mother cat and littermates, they don't learn that biting too hard is painful and obnoxious. You need to teach this. First, make sure that your daughter stops playing with the cat as soon as the kitten bites too hard or goes after her leg. Game over. Immediately. This teaches the kitten that that type of play ends the game. Prevent it when you can. If this happens when the cat is overly excited, make sure to bring that excitement level down and keep it down. If it happens when your daughter just walks into the room, or is only standing/sitting there, try to distract the cat first. Toss him a treat or a toy before he goes for the legs. Make sure you don't reward the cat for playing too rough, toys and treats only if he doesn't make a move for the legs. Then make sure to have lots of fun where the kitten learns to play nicely. Through toys. Play with toys on sticks or strings. Keep those hands and legs safe while allowing the kitten to play. The kitten learns playing nicely is fun. Find other, positive ways for your daughter to interact with the cat: assorted games, feeding the cat, petting him when he is calm, etc. Play often. This reinforces what the kitten is learning, and will help tire him out. Less energy means less likely to attack. You can also use toys that hold food to feed the kitten. This will utilize more of his energy and help him use his brain and body. Try to remember that this is likely a temporary thing. As the cat grows up, he will play less.   

@BreeMarieYes thank you! He is absolutely adorable! I love the photo of him all tucked in. One of the ladies I used to work with had a bearded and she always brought in the cutest pictures of him. She has a harness for him for when he goes outside that has little dragon wings attached to it. The video of him running around the grass in his harness was one of the cutest things I've seen.  Lovely kitty as well. I have three meow meows and each one is something else to put it mildly. All of them were rescues.  If I had things my way I'd basically have a small zoo as well. I'd love to have some assorted snakes and frogs but I was given a hard no on that from the others I live with. 

• Like 1

This is Winslow. He is a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I’m currently watching him while my mom is out of town on vacation. He is not a fan of my fish tanks, and he also gets angry when I pay attention to them and not him. While doing a water change on my 75g earlier he kept trying to get into the shower to drink the old tank water. 

85E9DB09-2BBD-4332-B5A0-A4275BF963A4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My three other pets. The black snd white one is called D-dot (short for diva dot) and she is the boss female. She is the first cat I adopted after I had to put down my lifelong companion. She came from a local non profit rescue who found her abandoned at the side of the road with a grub in her neck. I love her and she's very sweet in her own way but she was a demented little wall climbing demon when she was a kitten.  She is about five years old now..

The next one I got was the apricot colored male nsmes Petey. He came from the same rescue Dot came from. He was trapped and rescued from an animal dump site at some campground. He is one of thr sweetest snd naughtiest cats I've had. If he wants attention he will knock things over until he gets it. He has the sweetest and most laid back disposition. He really loves pretty much every person and animal he meets. He is my lap cat and shoulder rider. I can't believe someone threw away this sweet boy. My boy is about four years old but still acts like a kitten.

The last one I got is my Penny (fat calico) she was a rescue as well. My sister had seen a post on her neighborhood site that this cat was dumped and crying outside her house. She can't take it because she is allergic and her boyfriend was going to shoot it. So naturally I couldn't let that happen so I drove over with sister and we grabbed her. She was so tiny she hadn't even lost her milk teeth yet. She os now about three years old.

20200912_112832.jpg

20200528_200502.jpg

20200712_182850.jpg

20191106_193050.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jerseychef said:

This is Winslow. He is a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I’m currently watching him while my mom is out of town on vacation. He is not a fan of my fish tanks, and he also gets angry when I pay attention to them and not him. While doing a water change on my 75g earlier he kept trying to get into the shower to drink the old tank water. 

85E9DB09-2BBD-4332-B5A0-A4275BF963A4.jpeg

Doesn't look all that happy to be getting attention in the picture!