Other Pets

Cory

Life circumstances no longer permit me to have anything not contained in tanks, but these 2 sisters were among the 3 favorite pets of my life. I knew both of them since the day they were born, and gave the orange one to my grandparents as a kitten, in an effort to cheer up my grandmother, who had Alzheimer's. Long after my grandparents passed, when the cats were very old, I had to rescue them from an abusive situation, and they lived out their last years with me. This pic is the orange one yelling at me that the black one took her heating pad. 😂❤️

April 2015 (1).JPG

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I almost made my own one of these, glad I looked it up first. Ill add to this when I can get more photos. 

This is Toby, but my family and I all call him other names like Tobster, Tobuscus, Tooby, Chonker, Bubby, Baby Toby 

He weighs over 100lbs, and that's why he gets the majority of the nick names. He gets the name Baby Toby because we like to hold him like a baby, on his back and in our arms. 

IMG_1888.jpg.fc92d2b416e4907942ee09e44ff3d42b.jpg

In this photo, he's smiling because he's not allowed in the bed but got caught and expected belly rubs. He got belly rubs, and kicked out of the bed lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My other dog is Rosie. Super intimidating looking and super protective, but she's really nice. 

Nick name, shark because she bites when excited. Also she's tiny, only 55lbs. She gets lots of people food, her mom is quite small too. She loves the hose and snow

IMG_1936.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 9/16/2021 at 1:47 AM, Keeg said:

My other dog is Rosie. Super intimidating looking and super protective, but she's really nice. 

Nick name, shark because she bites when excited. Also she's tiny, only 55lbs. She gets lots of people food, her mom is quite small too. She loves the hose and snow

IMG_1936.jpg

nice looking shep. 55# is on the small side, but better than being over weight. my female is 90# non fat, and when she wants to get rowdy i wish she was 55#.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 7:29 PM, lefty o said:

nice looking shep. 55# is on the small side, but better than being over weight. my female is 90# non fat, and when she wants to get rowdy i wish she was 55#.

She was the alpha of her litter but ended up being the smallest one. Super cute when she's being loud and you can just grab her with one arm 😂

mine was a dumpster dog , she was way smaller than her brother, and looked to be a runt, but must have been a late bloomer. she came form an area where dog fighting is a thing, and probably her and her brother looked small and were dumped. so no idea of her parentage. most of the time she's a big sisy, but when she decides its time to brawl, you have your hands full.

IMG_0868.JPG

hard to imagine that came from this.

bear puppy.jpg

she has been known to kill innocent reindeer. we wont mention the number of actual rabbits.

IMG_0144-3.JPG

Edited by lefty o
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

@Fonske I used to have rats! They might be the smartest pets I've ever had. I used to open the cage, and let them hop across furniture from one end of the room to the other, collecting a bunch of valuable shiny things I'd left on a dresser for them. When it was time for them to stay in the cage again, I'd just take all my shiny stuff back before closing the cage. 

I'd be sitting at my desk doing homework as they ran back and forth across it doing the collecting, sometimes pausing to sniff my pen, or just stand up like a squirrel and look at me. I loved it. Smart as monkeys.

• Like 1

We have a couple cats and a dog:

Mika, but we call her "Meeps" because she rarely meows, just makes chirping sounds
meeps.jpg.4d08f3c9345ca63a0bb3d75c2a7b2c11.jpg

Freya, or Queen Floof, when she as a kitten we called her bitey-floof
95830146_queenfloof.jpg.8ed5561b484c36ed83b891e80f97e4e9.jpg

and a pug named Bella who  is very bossy and not a fan of the beach...
2121433965_bellabeach.jpg.3588b2ba7eaa0e0ef7d3634b0e79b423.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2021 at 10:10 PM, Manny said:

Hello all,

Here are 2 of my tarantulas.

1st photo is a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens sling (baby spider).

2nd photo is the same Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens as an older juvenile. These are its final colors. 

3rd photo is a Hapalopus spp. Large, Colombian Pumpkin Patch juvenile. 

5640D38A-AC94-4DA1-BAD8-92DFCFFAFC02.jpeg

430A0638-F055-4EA0-A210-6244F957EFB9.jpeg

Woah, spiders come in colors? I did not know that--not sure if the pretty colors make them more scary or less scary, but I think maybe more! They remind me of the colors of the scarab beetle.

So many adorable critters in this thread--those guinea pigs really take me back. The sound of hopeful squeaking whenever you approach--so happy!