Other Pets

Cory

I found this little guy in a tree and bottle fed him. He is allot larger now. We love him but he is biting my little girl and running up behind her and grabbing her lag and biting but not super hard. It's somewhat playful but to aggressive. Any tip on how to stop this type of behavior? 

20200517_230820.jpg

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Cory said:

I'm not even a horse person, but horses in the water seem like a ton of fun, they look happy.

They love the river! The one with her tongue out likes to stick her entire head underwater and blow bubbles. 

• Haha 4

Not exactly pets... here are the dogs my partner and I raised for the Guide Dog Foundation.  The middle two are working guides.  The one on the left is in training. The little yellow lab is being raised to be a service dog for America's Vet Dogs and is the only one still at home.  It was a rare visit and moment to see them all together again.

all-my-furry-boys-truck.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

On 7/13/2020 at 2:00 PM, Irene said:

I happened to be up past midnight and saw our leopard gecko Dax climbing around her enclosure. Love my baby crocodile! 🐊

224982468_20200607_003751FoundDaxontopofherhidearoundmidnight.jpg.fe850753953475e325c569e8b4517f3b.jpg

I love your leopard gecko Dax! I almost got one myself but I got a crested gecko instead bc my roommate at the time was breeding them. I loved your video on them tho and I’m definitely still considering getting one someday. Here’s my crested gecko Jelly

8CB15E67-1FD5-4D92-8480-EFF1ED13244B.jpeg

7D88DC78-39E4-4AC0-980C-C4013F2F1AEE.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Newton said:

Not exactly pets... here are the dogs my partner and I raised for the Guide Dog Foundation.  The middle two are working guides.  The one on the left is in training. The little yellow lab is being raised to be a service dog for America's Vet Dogs and is the only one still at home.  It was a rare visit and moment to see them all together again.

all-my-furry-boys-truck.jpg

My roommate is currently raising a black lab for Leader Dogs. It was so much fun. It’s gonna be hard giving her back when she’s not a puppy anymore 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duane Perry said:

I found this little guy in a tree and bottle fed him. He is allot larger now. We love him but he is biting my little girl and running up behind her and grabbing her lag and biting but not super hard. It's somewhat playful but to aggressive. Any tip on how to stop this type of behavior? 

Squirt gun, loud "no", and, if you have fast hands, scruff him and put him in another room (exile), but also STAY CALM when you do it. Do not escalate the crazy, keep his front nails trimmed if he uses them. He will outgrow it. You are looking at crazy nutball from about 6 months to 2 years. What you don't want to do is get in a slapping match with him--they think it is a game of tag. Some people flick noses. I am not sure it helps, and could be overkill. Your mileage may vary.

My cat was a crazy biter. Calm consistency works. He is also toilet trained, comes when he's called, sits for a treat, etc. Don't let anyone tell you they can't be trained.

wasabi4.jpg

Edited by Brandy
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Eric Newton said:

That's so cool! I want to help raise service dogs someday, but gotta wait till my kids are older and I have more free time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duane Perry said:

20200517_230820.jpg

Such a cute kitty!! Maybe check out Jackson Galaxy the cat guru online - i feel like he absolutely would have some topic to cover that. Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Penny is our 13-year old American Water Spaniel. She is such a sweetie and loves walks and swimming. Cleo is a 38-year old Goffins cockatoo. They are smaller than the other types of cockatoos. I’ve had her since she was about 6-months old. 

F65FF4DE-C11C-42C3-89D2-91ABBDD93935.jpeg

98756442-DA07-4E87-AA7E-B5470B7E8F99.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1