betta

JimmyBlaize

so i decided to breed my 5 year old crimson red veiltail, with a thailand female betta, i just removed the male from the breeding tank and now have free swimming fry, tiny lil guys. how should i go on to proceed with this. btw when im done, im making a 200 gallon sorrority for the females, and re homing the males to good homes.

Green water is good. Vinegar eels maybe could work. Newly hatched live baby brine shrimp (artemia) are staple and essential. If you can prep some catappa leaves so that there's infusoria going into the breeding tank, the fry will have a bit of first food prepared. An old method is boiling an egg, then extracting the yolk, putting it in a panty-hose stocking, and then gently squeezing a bit of the yellow powder into a small dish with tank water through the hose so that it is fine, then extracting the yolk-water with a pipette and feeding that to fry. Another trick some guys use is to squeeze a sponge filter out into a container, and then sparingly feed some of that bacteria to fry. It is REALLY EASY to foul up the fry water that way (as well as with egg yolk). Altogether best plan is to have live plants enough to provide infusoria for a day or two before they are large enough to eat baby brine shrimp. 

Edited by Fish Folk