Light

Eric w

That is the same thing I heard in the Livestream. My understanding of it was that the manufacturer they had been working with for years had a change in the company, and the new focus was on Hydroponic lights, not aquarium ones.

@Candican correct me if i missed something

@Eric w @GoofyGarra yes, unfortunately, the manufacturer is no longer producing aquarium lights, they want to focus on Hydroponic lights, and they will no longer be producing our light for us. They offered a final run of lights at an increased price, but that offer was declined. So back to the drawing board we go to find another manufacturer, or maybe we won't. It isn't clear yet. I am still sad over losing the light. 😞 

• Sad 1

I bet @Cory's almost-first thought was "I wonder if we can buy a factory that makes them?" It's the logical next step right? I mean he's already cut out all the middle men, ACO is the next to last in line (last being consumer), so the only place to leverage more control/ownership is up front. Maybe some place in, oh say Kentucky? 

🙂

Edited by TOtrees

On 8/15/2024 at 2:43 PM, Candi said:

@Eric w @GoofyGarra yes, unfortunately, the manufacturer is no longer producing aquarium lights, they want to focus on Hydroponic lights, and they will no longer be producing our light for us. They offered a final run of lights at an increased price, but that offer was declined. So back to the drawing board we go to find another manufacturer, or maybe we won't. It isn't clear yet. I am still sad over losing the light. 😞 

Man, was thinking of buying one in next few months 😟. Oh well, it’s ok. AC still has the best plants!

Aquarium lighting is a very competitive field. I like the Hygger lights (model 957) and mine has been great so far. I like that it ramps up and down. It seems to work very well for me. Working with an existing company and rebranding their product or cooperating with them on a Coop-named model might be the best option. Take what the Coop learned from making their lights and try to get another maker to implement some of those details into their product line in a Coop-branded item. You don't always have to reinvent the wheel. Sometimes you just need to put a new label on it.

• Like 1