New Universal Rock Background!

21 minutes ago, lefty o said:

i like it, and had looked at them before. how much of a pain was it to install?

16 minutes ago, Lynze said:

That stump looks amazing! I was planning on getting one of the Universal Rocks backgrounds for my Flowerhorn's 75 gallon. Did you silicone it? Use clips? Have any issues with the background itself? Beautiful tank!

The background did take me about 15 minutes to install. I decided to take the most complicated route to install. I don't take any water or sand out. I made sure to push all of the sand towards the front so there wouldn't be any wasted materials. I then rolled the background out under water. I didn't get any sand behind the background (I don't know how)  and then got it flat against the glass. I did not silicone or clip my background. I thought it came with clips and was sort of surprised it didn't. Due to the weight of the sand and how tight it was, it stuck pretty easily. I ended up getting the thinnest background the have, which is the rocky background and only costed me about $140. Since the tank is only 75 gallons, I couldn't waste 6 inches of space by going with a thicker background. My hardest part of installing was that since I kept all of the water, the water would constantly get stuck behind the background during installing. What worked best for me was to start on one side and work to the other. I personally recommend you have more than one person during installation in a tank that is at least 75g. The reason I say this is because as I get one side set in correctly, the water stuck behind can push it out as you work on the other end. I am only 13, installed it alone and like I said, it only took me about 15 minutes so I didn't find it to be super difficult. Since the stump is hollow, it didn't float and only weighted about 2-3lbs, unlike its real counterpart. I think this only costed me about $115.  The shipping was great and only took about a week. I got it on Tuesday and it was supposed to arrive on Friday. Because of this, I highly recommend and hope you decide to buy one!