Kieflow

How long are you going to be on vacation? Fish can go an incredibly long time without food. Things like those big clumpy feeders are more likely to clog up your filters and kill your fish as opposed to feeding them. If you're concerned then you should maybe feed them an extra meal a day for a week or so before you leave. But if you don't they should be fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishmonger_X said:

How long are you going to be on vacation? Fish can go an incredibly long time without food. Things like those big clumpy feeders are more likely to clog up your filters and kill your fish as opposed to feeding them. If you're concerned then you should maybe feed them an extra meal a day for a week or so before you leave. But if you don't they should be fine.

I’ll be gone 4 days. 

11 minutes ago, Kieflow said:

I’ll be gone 4 days. 

4 days is really not that long.  I have used similar products like Zoo Med Banquet Blocks, without issue.

mini-banquet-original_240x.jpg?v=1590736
WWW.AQUARIUMCOOP.COM

These are great for snails and shrimp as they have a ton of calcium and some protein for them and are a long term feeding product so that they get a chance to eat. Now with high protein micro pellets! Great for bottom...

I never feed my fish when I travel.  I change water the day before I leave, make sure I test and everything is ok.  Feed heavy last day and have never lost a fish or had any issues.  My trips are 5 days.  My fish are all pretty mature, no babies or anything.  

• Like 2

@Kieflow I wouldn't worry about them unless your planning to be gone over a week. They will scavenge for anything that is still edible in the tank. I actually skip a few days once a month to encourage scavenging. If you have algae eaters you can also keep your lights on longer for a week before you leave to increase algae growth so they have more to eat while you're gone. 

• Like 1