What is this in my aquarium?

NickD

"Aquatic seeds" are basically a failure in the hobby in general. I would suggest making a research about what you have used. Internet is full of failures when it comes to that.

I have seen tanks crashing and all plants dying especially after filling the tank, but nothing that looks great  and working long term to this day once planted this way. Probably mold or something?

Sad to say, but you may need to reset the tank and setup from zero

Basically, the seeds aren’t meant to live underwater. They’ll grow since you’re doing a dry start it seems, but after a while of being underwater they’ll start to all die off. 

It’s an unfortunate thing because they look great for a while but are basically a scam in this hobby 😞

What type of aquatic seeds did you buy? There are bulb plants that are aquatic but I am unfamiliar with the scam referenced above

Also yeah that’s white mold really loves moist environments and a little decay to munch on itll go away as soon as you fill the aquarium with water

• Like 2

I agree it is important to know what kind of seed you bought. Because there are sellers who sell "aquatic" plant seeds which melt away when submerged and create a mess. And there are also integral sellers that will sell seeds that can be submerged.