Aqueon Shrimp Essentials

Has anyone used this product?

I'm pretty new at shrimp keeping. I've seen the ring of death on one of the shrimp. That's a sign of struggling to molt from the videos I've watched. 

• Like 1

Hey hey

Basically all the white ring actually is, it means the shrimp is growing and the shell has "split" in that section.  There's plenty of videos out there of shrimp with the ring molting.

I would highly suggest checking out / following Mark's Shrimp Tanks and Chris Lukhaup regarding shrimp care on youtube.  There are no better 2 sources out there.  Flip aquatics is also wonderful and does helpful streams targeting for beginners as well as advanced topics.

I would suggest finding a mineral based shrimp food to feed at least once a week, then we can go ahead and check your water parameters as well via liquid test kits for GH/KH.  It's a very affordable test kit and something I think every shrimp keeper needs to have on hand.

Have you seen a lot of deaths or just one or two?

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2024 at 7:20 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Hey hey

Basically all the white ring actually is, it means the shrimp is growing and the shell has "split" in that section.  There's plenty of videos out there of shrimp with the ring molting.

I would highly suggest checking out / following Mark's Shrimp Tanks and Chris Lukhaup regarding shrimp care on youtube.  There are no better 2 sources out there.  Flip aquatics is also wonderful and does helpful streams targeting for beginners as well as advanced topics.

I would suggest finding a mineral based shrimp food to feed at least once a week, then we can go ahead and check your water parameters as well via liquid test kits for GH/KH.  It's a very affordable test kit and something I think every shrimp keeper needs to have on hand.

Have you seen a lot of deaths or just one or two?

Lost 1within a week of getting them lost 1 Thursday. I definitely will check out Mark's Shrimp Tanks and Chris Lukhaup on YouTube. I really appreciate the information and your experience. Thank you very much.  @nabokovfan87

Edited by Tlindsey
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 9:07 PM, Tlindsey said:

Lost 1within a week of getting them lost 1 Thursday. I definitely will check out Mark's fish tank and Chris Lukhaup on YouTube. I really appreciate the information and your experience. Thank you very much.  @nabokovfan87

Also going to check out Flip Aquatics .

• Like 1

On 7/20/2024 at 6:07 PM, Tlindsey said:

Lost 1within a week of getting them lost 1 Thursday

Yeah. Just give them time to settle. Any shrimp ~60 days new are going to still be acclimating and getting used to your routine, feeding, etc.

• Thanks 1