10gal planted guppy tank

Fullgratz53

So recently I've been having excellent success on my plants experimenting with what plants thrive in my well water...no additives to deal with. Then recently acquired baby guppies for free from a friend. So a couple questions on population control. Can I thin out females or will too many males to females cause a problem? Or is there a fish I can add to eat babies? Or will I just have to accept breeding and scoop out to thin it out over time? My concern with the latter is I don't want to damage or uproot plants chasing with a net. And I have some males i definitely want to keep and not harm or accidentally get rid of...I all plan on getting a couple more select male types to add color and variety. 

Yes more male than female will lead to early death (most times) of the females due to the stress of being continually chased by the males.  I also have a 10 gallon test tank with guppies, shrimp, and snails.  I have only had to manually thin the herd one time.  They seem to get to a point and slow production.  Also go lite on feeding and they will eat their own.

• Like 1