New(ish) to the forum! Introduction post!

Hello, all!

I have been around this forum for a bit now and decided to make my introduction post. I come here from the weird world of Reddit. I decided to move away from Reddit as the advice here tends to be much better, and the community is way less toxic as well.

About me:
I live in the south east of the US; if you make a triangle with Memphis, Nashville, and Atlanta being the vertexes that is kind the region I am in.  I work as an engineer and LOVE to tinker. I love designing stuff with CAD and bringing it into the real world. I 3D print a lot of aquarium stuff!

Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming so far!

I wish you clean water and healthy fish,
  Joe

• Like 2

On 7/10/2024 at 10:10 PM, Jovius said:

Hello, all!

I have been around this forum for a bit now and decided to make my introduction post. I come here from the weird world of Reddit. I decided to move away from Reddit as the advice here tends to be much better, and the community is way less toxic as well.

About me:
I live in the south east of the US; if you make a triangle with Memphis, Nashville, and Atlanta being the vertexes that is kind the region I am in.  I work as an engineer and LOVE to tinker. I love designing stuff with CAD and bringing it into the real world. I 3D print a lot of aquarium stuff!

Thank you all for being so kind and welcoming so far!

I wish you clean water and healthy fish,
  Joe

Welcome to the forum! @Jovius, yes by far the best forum i have joined!

On 7/16/2024 at 9:30 PM, Jeff said:

Welcome! What kinds of things do you 3D print for aquariums?

I designed and printed some custom light risers, pleco caves, under substrate caves, side of the tank Pothos holders, and I am always looking for inspiration. I’ve been working on ideas for how to get more flow out of doing filters but haven’t been able to beat the easy flow yet. 

• Like 1