Amano Shrimp Inflamed Antenna?

Sandrock14

Hello,

I recently noticed one of my smaller Amano Shrimps (I believe a male) appears to have an inflamed or infected antenna. I'm curious on outside opinions on what is going on?

pH: 7.6
Nitrates: 25ppm
Hardness: 300
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
KH/Buffer: 8
Water Temperature: 78

I attached two images below:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

On 7/8/2024 at 1:12 PM, Sandrock14 said:

Hello,

I recently noticed one of my smaller Amano Shrimps (I believe a male) appears to have an inflamed or infected antenna. I'm curious on outside opinions on what is going on?

pH: 7.6
Nitrates: 25ppm
Hardness: 300
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
KH/Buffer: 8
Water Temperature: 78

I attached two images below:

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

You have two options monitor add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties it might get better on its own or quarantine and do a course of maracyn or maracyn2  both are shrimp safe antibiotic treatment 

On 7/8/2024 at 7:44 AM, Guppysnail said:

Looks like an injury that may have gotten infected. 

On 7/8/2024 at 8:50 AM, Colu said:

You have two options monitor add some Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties it might get better on its own or quarantine and do a course of maracyn or maracyn2  both are shrimp safe antibiotic treatment 

Thank you for the responses! I agree, I am going to monitor it and feed them some tubixfex worms stuck to the glass, they seem to love it. Hopefully a good diet and high quality water will help. I want to hold off on treating with meds right away.