Mystery illness

Hi guys, I need a bit of help. I’ve been monitoring this ember tetra, and I have no idea what is ailing it. It has lost pigment and developed a black stripe. Now it is swimming funny and it also seems skinny. Its tankmates do not present any symptoms. Fish is on the left in this photo. Any idea?

IMG_8061.jpeg.f1a8ea4c056b356301503ee5c97a5bab.jpeg

ammonia-0

nitrite-0

nitrate-10

temp-78

I have seen this before it seems to effect only  ember tetras were one in group start to lose colour and turn black there a lot of post on the internet no effective treatment what I have read some have said they have seen some   improvement when treating with praziquantel active ingredient in prazipro @Chick-In-Of-TheSea

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2024 at 2:22 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Thanks. I will try feeding them some Prazi flake food. Very weird.

hopefully the prazi flake help

Edited by Colu

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2024 at 10:13 AM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Hmm. No improvement with Prazi.

It could a bacterial disease or parasite that causes this there no definitive answer from what I have read  the fact it only effects ember tetras is odd I see post were  people have  treat with kanaplex maracyn2 maracyn and levamisole and it has shown no improvement  this is a newer disease in the hobby needs further research you could quarantine and try aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for a week and see if you see any improvement 

• Thanks 1