Pregnant guppy

Posted (edited)

Okay so I bought 5 guppies. 3 Males and 2 Females. They were together for a couple of days and yesterday I moved the gals to a fry container (big plastic container of 33L). Unfortunately, one female and one male has died. Now this one guppy female with a round belly is all alone in a container and I don't wanna stress her further by adding some frat boy guppies that won't leave her alone. I won't be able to get my hands on new guppy Females until Saturday and I don't want her to die of loneliness, since she is store bought and propably very sensitive, how do I keep her from dying until she has given birth at least? I will give her a diet of artemia flakes and vibra baby bites is this okay?

Second question. I bought some Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine shrimp as it was sold as fry food. Will newly born guppy fries be able to eat this? How often should I feed them?

Edited by VanDogh

On 7/5/2024 at 2:33 AM, mynameisnobody said:

I would crush up flakes for everybody, I’ve done this with all my livebearers. Also nothing dies of loneliness. That is just your emotion getting in the way. 

To better word myself, the stress that comes from lonlieness because these are not hardy fish

The other guppy female died just from being moved between 2 tanks. I did not literally mean from loneliness itself lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for good advice! I will put some salt in. She is very fat so I think she will give birth any day now within one week

Edited by VanDogh