White Dots on Mosses

bellion

I have attached some mosses (I am unsure of the name, it would be nice if someone can identify) to my driftwood with superglue a month ago and I recently discovered some white dots appeared on top of the mosses, I can easily remove them but they keep coming up again. Does anyone know what possibly this could be? 

My temp is around 77 F and it is a low tech tank with 5 hours of light a day

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, bellion said:

hmm it's weird because I don't have any snails in this tank so far but I moved some anacharis from another tank with pest snails. 

I did check very carefully and washed before moving, I hope they won't be ending up in this tank

Next time you remove one, examine it, that could be very informative. For example, are the white dots merely the growing tips of the mosses? Or alternatively are the white dots an egg of some sort? If white dots appear to be eggs, then let us know what kinds of fish you have in the aquarium. Do you remember buying any java moss?

Yeh now when I looked closer, the white dots are on the growing tips of the mosses. Is that the way how mosses propagate?

They actually do not look like eggs to me as I believe pest snail eggs are gelatinous globs like.

The only fish I keep in the tank is white skirt tetra but they spawn bottom to the bottom layer so I’m pretty sure the dots are not from them.