Cloudy quarantine

I set up my quarantine tank Friday for some new Cory's. This morning it's cloudy and something is on the glass. Though I can't tell if it's moving or current. Looks like current.  Med trio added

Since it was tank water I guess it could be a bloom.

Thinking about draining and remedicating. Thoughts? 

They haven't been fed since Friday morning at the lfs

PXL_20240630_182307852.jpg

Edited by Lonkley

How do the cories look? Do they seem distressed? Have you fed them yet, and if so, how is their appetite?

Can you scrape or rub off whatever that is? Maybe try right before whenever the next scheduled water change is, so that if it does come off, you can suck it up and discard it.

• Like 1

They seem fine if not bored being in a 5 gallon quarantine tank. They seem to be doing normal Cory things. Dogpiling on each other. Occasional trips to grab air. A little glass surfing when someone moves in the dogpile and they rearrange. More the most part they are just sitting on the bottom. I feel bad keeping them in 5 gallons but they'll have 90 to play with in a few days. 

I ended up doing a full water change and redosing. Kinda settling on a philosophy of when in doubt do a water change.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 11:51 AM, Lonkley said:

They seem fine if not bored being in a 5 gallon quarantine tank. They seem to be doing normal Cory things. Dogpiling on each other. Occasional trips to grab air. A little glass surfing when someone moves in the dogpile and they rearrange. More the most part they are just sitting on the bottom. I feel bad keeping them in 5 gallons but they'll have 90 to play with in a few days. 

I ended up doing a full water change and redosing. Kinda settling on a philosophy of when in doubt do a water change.

That's good to hear! I agree that water changes are seldom a bad thing, and are sort of to fishkeeping what "turn it off and turn it back on again" is to electronics, but I also knew you were in the middle of the med trio protocol, and water changes can interfere with that. Good luck!