125 Gallon with Nano Fish

I found a great deal on a 125 (72"x18"x21") gallon aquarium with dual overflows.  I'm close to getting it but I'm curious about anyone's experience with a large tank and nano fish?  Do the fish seem to get lost in the aquarium?  Am I able to keep various fish in there that in a smaller tank would not work together?  If I do this I have agreed with my wife to sell two of my 20H aquariums.  So at a minimum the 125 would get one angelfish, one rosy tetra, a bunch of rosy barbs, two breeding pairs of Bristlenose plecos, 5 butterfly goodeids, a variety of cordydoras and two friendly pea puffers (yes, they live just fine with the Corys, plecos, gooedieds, and rosy barbs).  I'd love to get a pair of kribensis as well as add my apisto pair to it.  Will it be too much and too crazy to have such a huge variety of fish in the aquarium?  I'm thinking if I make tons of caves or rock areas the bottom dwellers will be fine together.  And then if I get mid water and top water fish everything will be fine.  Am I crazy for thinking about this?

BTW, the large variety of fish in the 20 gals I will be getting rid of are because I bought the tanks as-is on FB Marketplace and they came with the large variety of fish.  I have not added any fish to them since I got them.

On 6/30/2024 at 9:53 AM, egruttum said:

a pair of kribensis

Although it's a 125g I wouldn't add kribensis especially a pair. Extremely aggressive I would worry about the apistogramma and corydora being harmed. Other than that can't wait to see your setup. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. All good points.  If I buy it I'll get everything sorted out with the existing fish then worry about adding more after I see how everything shakes out.  If I do add more questionable fish I'd probably mix up the setup a bit so everyone has to find a home and no one has a territory.

• Like 1