LIQUID TEST COLOR ENHANCER UNIT ** DIY ** ​  🥽 📊 📉 📈   ​

After testing my aquariums for quite some time, I thought, “there had to be an easier way” reading the liquid color test results.

When using liquid test kits, the colors are sometimes a bit hard to discern. A lot of it is attributed to the ambient lighting in the room. Some homes, mine included, don't have “ideal” lighting for reading these test tubes accurately.

Was always dragging a lamp, flashlight or going to the nearest window to compare the color chart with my test.   So, I specifically built this light producing fixture/enhancer for my aquarium testing.  Wow, what a difference. The colors are now vivid, in person, and very easy to compare.

The biggest benefit is that the light 'shines through' the tubes and really gives a true color representation.

Also, for some of the 'timed' tests, I.E. Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, it's interesting to watch the colors change accordingly.  

Basically, the parts for the unit are simple & inexpensive. Three AA batteries & holder, LED's, resistors, switch, wires, enclosure, etc.

If you are into electronics, like I am, most of these spare parts are probably nearby.

Am sure there are many ways of constructing the same unit.  Most importantly, when dealing with liquids, one should always use low voltage applications for safety.  

This was my first attempt in building this color enhancer, so maybe the next one might even be better.

That's another wonderful part about fish-keeping; experimenting with your own designs.  🧐

LIQUID TEST COLOR ENHANCER UNIT   **  DIY  **   🥽 📊 📉 📈  

IMG_0587.JPG.16c0bf0229f61af24ab2c31f290537eb.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG.d8c7c0473bec37a8f12a880e72e2a04d.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG.1a2b331991ec13531eeedf52250c0605.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG.47cf217fbe1baea3b27a37b1c5a60b8c.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG.687f67d4017e945fc369457e3e720579.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4