Air Pump - Diminishing Air intermittently stops

Hey there.  I am forgoing customer service as it worked ok at first but now about 4 months later I am experiencing an increasing issue with the aquarium co op air pump air flow getting more and more restricted until it eventually stops.   I do greatly ❤️ the aquarium co op for their wonderful plants and excellent customer service (though have not had much luck with some of other their products 😞 ). And at this point with it being in my possession for over 90 days.  I am just hoping there is someway I might can just fix the pump on my own.   When it stops, I just power it off and back on. Then the little air it is producing starts back up.  If a recommendaiton can be made on how to restore the air to proper funcitoning and without the unit shutting off, I would greatly appreciate it.   Thank you.

• Administrators

Which air pump is it? Battery back up? single or double outlet? the smaller usb air pump? What do you have on the other end of it? Sponge filter? Air stone? decoration? with some more info, there are probably tips on how to optimize it.

Posted (edited)

The single outlet aquarium pump that can be found here. https://www.aquariumcoop.com/products/aquarium-co-op-air-pump?variant=40428791889989

Original connected material was the black aquarium co op tubing.   And connected to an aquarium co op large sponge filter.  No air stone at first.   Since it was having issues I have put an old hang on back filter on tank and moved to just using it for aeration by placing it on on the no-clog air stone I had gotten before from the co op.  

Edited by Ben_RF

• Administrators

@Ben_RF which no clog airstone? The ziss? If it has the green felt they can actually clog over time or be too tightened. Perhaps trying loosening it a bit and see if that improves?